What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 28" Heavy Duty Shaper - What is the maximum Job height????

c.n.c.m.a.n

Plastic
Hello, I am planning to buy Cincinnati 28" Heavy Duty Shaper for my company, i have some doubt about the machine so if someone please help me to clear my doubts??

1, What is the maximum height of job can be done on this machine?
2, Maximum length of the job can be done? i have heard that a 28" machine go upto 30"
3, Before & after buy advice?

Thank you,
Sukhvinder Singh

Attachments

• IMG_20180816_174459.jpg
    IMG_20180816_174459.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20180816_174504.jpg
    IMG_20180816_174504.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 178
Before buy advice?

Don't expect anyone to have answers

What you ask for - dimension wise - is in no way cut and dried

It will vary with every set up

It will vary with every cutting tool you are using

As from practical experience, my 36" Ohio shaper only has a maximum stroke of 35"

This is not a problem in CERTAIN SET UPS AND WORKPIECE CONFIGURATIONS because the ram POSITION is adjustable in relation to stroke length - in other words, if I had a series of PADS that were 40" from one end to the other, I could do them - but I cannot machine a continuous 36" long surface

As far as max HEIGHT, you will have MULTIPLE answers, for the simple reason that with the table all the way down and the tool slide all the way up, - you have to consider that the tool slide STILL HAS TO COME DOWN for depth of cut AND THE BOTTOM OF THE RAM cannot be allowed to strike the workpiece

If you can mount your work on the side of the table. you increase your max height but loose horizontal travel.

According to Cincinnati

28" Heavy Shaper (would be plain style)
Ram Stroke 29"
Table Travel Horizontal 30-1/2"
Table Travel Vertical 13"
Table to Ram (max) 17-1/2"
Table Top 16" x 28"

edit: I just went back and noticed the pictures which clearly show a later shaper. The specifications above are probably circa 1950.

Back