What's new
What's new

Cincinnati #2ML info wanted

682bear

Aluminum
I have just acquired an old #2ML universal mill, serial #5J2U2T-41... I would appreciate any info I can get about this machine such as date of manufacture.

Also, I have a question... when I bought it, it was wired for 440v 3 phase. This morning, I removed the motor and rewired it for 220v. As I was working on it, I noticed that it is supposed to have 3 belts, but only 2 were on it. The belts were B60 belts. Is this the correct belts? They seem to be too wide, they won't seat into the pulley because the edges of the belts are pushing against each other.

I have the original service manual, but it only lists a part number (p/n 136689) that doesn't cross reference to a standard belt size as far as I can tell. Google didn't give me any help...

Thanks... -Bear

The 2T portion of the serial number puts it st 1947.

I don’t know the belt number off hand, but if memory serves, the A B C belts etc.. just vary by top width with the same angle. So it B belts are rubbing each other, then you might try an A60 belt

My 1940s 2MH (a predecessor of the ML) takes A belts. My Dial type is a much heavier machine and takes B belts.

—I think at some point they switched from 3 to 4 driving belts too in the ML machines.

Back