What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 430-18 Oil Lube system troubleshooting

cah8861

Plastic
Hello Guys. It finally happened, my employer purchased a larger mill for the shop. It is a Cincinnati 430-18 horizontal mill with a vertical head included. It was actually delivered just before Christmas but just got it leveled and power to it 3 weeks ago. Keep in mind I have never operated any other mill other than Bridgeport type mills. This thing is a monster comparing it to our old Bridgeport. I probably only have about 8-10 hours on it with a lot of them installing the DRO. I have milled a couple projects and I like it thus far. Ive only found one recurring problem and cant figure out where to start troubleshooting the issue. I keep getting a lube oil failure light on the lube system. Sometimes it has run for 2 hours without coming on and other times only 30 minutes and it comes on. If I push the manual lube button it pushes a plunger up to contact a switch and the light goes out, most times. There has been twice where no matter how much I push the manual button the light wont go out. I can see lube oil on the ways so it is oiling some. How is this system supposed to work? I looked inside the control box and there is a timer in there set at 3 minutes, changed it temporarily to 2 minutes but the lube failure light came back on. Mill Lube system.jpgLube ststem plunger.jpgMill ID Tag.jpg

I could probably convince my super into purchasing a service manual for this machine, if you guys think that will help in my issue. Can you tell me which manual is the proper one for this? There are gobs of manuals on fleabay but not very good descriptions of what they are for. The serial number is 311041H76-0003. I'd like to have the correct manual anyway, I'm sure something will eventually pop up it could help with. Thank you in advance.

Back