What's new
What's new

Cincinnati 430 horizontal mill power drawbar

glenbjackson

Aluminum
can anybody help me out on how to manual loosen a power drawbar on a Cincinnati 430? i dont have power to get the power section to work so i took it off and now do see how it work. can anybody help? looks like the one in the pic

Attachments

• sfdgafgasdfas.jpg
    sfdgafgasdfas.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 142
C Mike

You have it off now, Does it have about a 1/4 inch rod for tripping the switch of the draw bar ? If you don't have it off, just take the four bolts and lift it off. It is a electric motor rachets on and off. turning the clutch type drive,.

Mike it DOES have the 1/4 rod for the switch mounted in the back under the cover. ok ok cool couple of question:
so like a impact drill type clutch kinda?
regular right hand thread?
is the actual tightening screw the castle nut, with two tapered projections?

Because I don't have any way of bringing three phase power to the site(junkyard), so Im gonna try to hammer at the two projections best I can. cant get a good angle with I recessed in the hole. I wouldn't normally do this but they are going to scrap it, shame and I bought the head already so I need this drive gear.
thank you Mike C.

I might try putting motor section back on and turning motor spindle?

Mike it DOES have the 1/4 rod for the switch mounted in the back under the cover. ok ok cool couple of question:
so like a impact drill type clutch kinda?
regular right hand thread?
is the actual tightening screw the castle nut, with two tapered projections?

Because I don't have any way of bringing three phase power to the site(junkyard), so Im gonna try to hammer at the two projections best I can. cant get a good angle with I recessed in the hole. I wouldn't normally do this but they are going to scrap it, shame and I bought the head already so I need this drive gear.
thank you Mike C.

I might try putting motor section back on and turning motor spindle?
Do you have a gas generator. Would that work ? Try to save the power draw bar. You can sell it. The switches are hard to fine. I set one up with a on off switch with a switch cover near the spindle and got rid of the switch.

Yes it is a rachet sounding draw bar.

i would buy the whole machine they only want 300 for it but I have have too much and nowhere to put this, plus no table. hmmm id love to restore it, anybody know where I can find a table under $1000? but I guess I could buy it for parting out. no no no... you playing the jedi mind trick on me cmike! ...I cant I cant.... stop!!! I could get a generator but not a 3ph though.

C Mike

i would buy the whole machine they only want 300 for it but I have have too much and nowhere to put this, plus no table. hmmm id love to restore it, anybody know where I can find a table under $1000? but I guess I could buy it for parting out. no no no... you playing the jedi mind trick on me cmike! ...I cant I cant.... stop!!! I could get a generator but not a 3ph though.

Does it have a serial number on it, or maybe a picture.of it.

Maybe a generator and a portable air supply, inpack and the piece out of the draw bar that is the drive, or a electrical drill. Rachet it off, maybe.

Back