What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Arrow 500 Boots directly to Windows

CLeschak

Plastic
We just had a Y axis drive die in our Arrow. Had the drive repaired and as soon as we powered the machine on, it boots directly to windows, touch screen doesn't work and plugging a mouse in wont work. We are stuck and cannot get the control software to load.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

any red led's on the bridge board?

I would reload the software..... or try a new HDD

If you have red led's you need to resolve them first. I had a workstation board go out like that....another option.

any red led's on the bridge board?

I would reload the software..... or try a new HDD

If you have red led's you need to resolve them first. I had a workstation board go out like that....another option.

Yes A2100

How would I go about reloading the software? I know how to do it from the software itself, but to do it from windows?

And yes, it looks like there is a red light..

File Aug 02, 10 12 37 AM.jpg

"Had the drive repaired"

Did that by any chance involve a visit by a tech? If so, he may have not restored the machine back to its proper state after using Windows for some tests and so on. In that case you would need to contact the company.

AFAIK most DOS based controllers have a line in the autoexec.bat file that calls another file to load the control software and my first suspicion would be that it was commented out by putting "rem" in front of the line that calls up the control software.

There is another possibility. Is there a screen message during bootup that says press xxx to select startup options? In that case there might be a choice in the BIOS to select either the control system or Windows as the default and it was left in the wrong state. The actual choice for the control system would be DOS and the autoexec file would load the software and any necessary drivers.

EDIT: Just read your latest post. From Windows select Start .... Run ..... and then type "CMD". That will bring up a command prompt window where you can use DOS commands to list files and directories, and generally see what is going on.

"Had the drive repaired"

Did that by any chance involve a visit by a tech? If so, he may have not restored the machine back to its proper state after using Windows for some tests and so on. In that case you would need to contact the company.

AFAIK most DOS based controllers have a line in the autoexec.bat file that calls another file to load the control software and my first suspicion would be that it was commented out by putting "rem" in front of the line that calls up the control software.

There is another possibility. Is there a screen message during bootup that says press xxx to select startup options? In that case there might be a choice in the BIOS to select either the control system or Windows as the default and it was left in the wrong state. The actual choice for the control system would be DOS and the autoexec file would load the software and any necessary drivers.

EDIT: Just read your latest post. From Windows select Start .... Run ..... and then type "CMD". That will bring up a command prompt window where you can use DOS commands to list files and directories, and generally see what is going on.

No tech worked on it.. We sent the drive to Kilroy for repairs after an overload condition. The machine was running, then had overload issues.. Drive sent out, now repaired and reinstalled. First boot up since running fine and it boots directly into windows with what looks like an error on the bridgeboard with the red light?

No tech worked on it.. We sent the drive to Kilroy for repairs after an overload condition. The machine was running, then had overload issues.. Drive sent out, now repaired and reinstalled. First boot up since running fine and it boots directly into windows with what looks like an error on the bridgeboard with the red light?

OK, maybe it's setup to go into Windows if an error is detected during startup. Do you have documentation that lists possible triggers for the red light?

Back