What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Arrow 500 Spindle bearings and motor belt replacement

Joe Miranda

Titanium
We finally broke down and pulled the spindle out of our arrow. It is the cartridge style. Does anybody have bearing numbers and belt part numbers with vendor info?

Not me, but with the cartridge pulled the machine's down - want to go ahead and pull the spindle and bearings out? One would hope the numbers are still on the bearings themselves.

Take lots of pics, better video during the teardown. Some preliminary reference numbers for axial and radial play might be good before the stripping, unless the bearings are total trash already.

Bearings were pretty well shot. We did take lots of pics and there are numbers on the bearings but not the belts. But I was wondering if anyone has found better bearings or sealed bearings or had other suggestions.

Well - for anyone who searches for info and come across this thread in the future, we were able to find sealed bearings from Applied Technologies (the old bearings inc) for $2200 for all three.

We decided to go with Fives Machinery - they had all three for $760 total.

Well - for anyone who searches for info and come across this thread in the future, we were able to find sealed bearings from Applied Technologies (the old bearings inc) for $2200 for all three.

We decided to go with Fives Machinery - they had all three for $760 total.

Huh - a rare instance where the manufacturer had the best pricing.

If you post the actual bearing numbers it would help the future viewer. Belt too, if you sussed that out.

Luke here with a few more details for everyone (but more like for myself down the road if I ever need to do this again). Like my dad said ,the bearings we got from Fives ,took maybe two days to get them from Cincinnati to Cleveland, from Brian 1-850-534-4600 extension 4857 made fast work of tracking the bearings down. He just needed our serial no.(7042A00950777), model no.(ERO) and we had a possible part no. from a print we found on some forum but weren't positive it was compatible with our machine. I'll attach the print we used and pics of what we did. Since ours was cartridge spindle and the print was not it was nice to have Brian reference our machines serial no. and part no. and spindle no. with the bearings and make sure they'd fit when they got here. Thankfully the bearings still had legible markings on them for Bearings Inc. to look up just as a back up. we had 2x stacked bearings marked X7014CTSULP4 then a spacer then 1x X7014ETSULP4. These bearings had directional arrows on em to make sure they're pressed correctly I guess. they had a little arrow within a big arrow I think representing the inner and outer race. Kinda like this
---------top:| //\\ |
bottom 2:| / \/ \ |
bottom 1: |/ \/ \|
Just take Pictures before you pull the old ones off then you don't have to read pages and pages of arguments about bearing pressing. Next is the belts. Here's the link Gates - 8MGT-800-12 - Motion Industries if the link expires here's the numbers to look up 8MGT-800-12. I don't remember how but we found that info by looking up the part no. from the print we had. It was a perfect match. Everything was actually. I'll post the pics I think are helpful.

Hi, can You help me please, I need bearings X7014CTSULP4 for Cincinnati arrow 1000, maybe You know where can I get it?

Back