What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Avenger 250T Acramatic 850SX alarms initialization (manual required)

Wocozo

Plastic
Hi all, I have a 1995 Cincinnati Avenger 250T lathe with an Acramatic 850SX control.

When I turn it on it requires an initialization, but I don't know how to do it, I don't have the operation manual, if I press master start again it alarms and display INITIALIZE CHUCK JAWS.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Hi all, I have a 1995 Cincinnati Avenger 250T lathe with an Acramatic 850SX control.

When I turn it on it requires an initialization, but I don't know how to do it, I don't have the operation manual, if I press master start again it alarms and display INITIALIZE CHUCK JAWS.

Any help would be great, thanks.

When you shut this machine down.....do not use the big red emergency button. I avoid the "Big Red Button" like the plague on this type of machine. You press the control off button when you're ready to shut down.....leave the Big Red alone. The machine takes 5 or more seconds to remember the positions of things....chuck clamp position....tool arm....tailstock....quill....and I think the parts catcher. If it doesn't double check all these before it shuts down it is called a non sequential shutdown.

On a "Non-sequencial shutdown" the machine needs to initialize all the moveable items before you can start the hydraulics.

I have the MT and MS versions. You should be able to press the chuck button on the control panel to switch the operation position. Press the reset button and try to start the hydraulics. As soon as the machine thinks all the items I mentioned are in the correct position it should start the hydraulics. I've been very frustrated at times on this.

Best Regards,
Rosie

Back