What's new
What's new

Cincinnati CinciVersalLR

silveroranges

Plastic
I was looking around for a Bridgeport style machine that would fit in my garage, and I found this. It is branded as Cincinnati Machines, but my teacher told me that Milacron stopped making a lot of stuff a while ago, and that they mainly make plastic injection machines. I cannot find any pictures of this machine online other than what the cincmac website provides in the PDF. It seems like a very versatile machine, with the horizontal attachment point for arbors and heavy duty milling, as well as a lighter head that can get up to 3600rpm. It seems exactly what I am looking for.

Does anybody know where this is made? I have emailed them but their response time is slow. Has anybody seen one in person? Is there another name for the machine that I can search up? I have seen other Cincinnati knee mills but none of them have the same setup as this one.

CinciVersal Knee Mill - Cincinnati Machines

After some hard googling I found out I am pretty sure.

Looks to be imported from Taiwan. I found a website that sells something identical without the branding. Knee Type CNC Milling Machine - 2VHT Model - Jiuh-Yeh

If anybody has experiences with that company, or machines in Taiwan in general, I would love to hear about it. I am 4th year apprentice and don't have a ton of experience with manual mills other than Bridgeports and their clones.

I was looking around for a Bridgeport style machine that would fit in my garage...It seems like a very versatile machine, with the horizontal attachment point for arbors and heavy duty milling, as well as a lighter head that can get up to 3600rpm. It seems exactly what I am looking for.

The original Cincinnati made a similar machine (a Cinel 60 205-12, I think) that used the knee and column from a No. 2 size horizontal mill, with the overarm from a Toolmaster "grafted" on to the top of the column. It's not a turret mill like the regular Toolmaster and Bridgeports in that the overarm cannot spin, but the overarm is a moveable ram.

The smaller plain and universal mills that you might be interested in such as the No. 2 sizes and later Cinova models could be equipped with an IOS (independent overhead spindle) that was sort of the precursor to the Toolmaster grafting on.

Keep in mind that the motor for the horizontal spindle is going to be larger (probably 5hp) than a Bridgeport or Toolmaster spindle motor (which are maybe 1 to 2hp), so your amperage needs are going to be correspondingly larger. Something to plan ahead for in a garage shop.

Even if you could find one I sure that it would have a pretty hefty price tag. The large Sharp VH3 universal is a nice machine but is about 50k new.

Yeah, you are right. I got the quote for 46k, would probably be closer to 60k with shipping, DRO, power drawbar, etc. I also requested a quote from the Taiwan company to see how much the branding marked the price up.

Thanks for giving me some models to look out for on the used market, especially the sharp! I found a used VH-3 for 8k that I am looking into, but it has quite a bit of electrical draw with some beefy motors, more than I would be able to supply with residential power, at least cost effectively.

Interesting that the original Cincinnati made something almost similar. I found one of the Cinel 60 205-12 that was sold in the past for 6k but doesn't have a date when the ad was posted. Thanks for the insight!

Edit for future viewers:

I found an actual American company that makes a machine like this. Vertical Milling — Wells-Index Milling Machines I decided to go with them on a smaller machine in my budget.

Last edited:

Back