What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Cinedo 310 Wiring

smsport

Plastic
Hi.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for a Cinedo 310? Our has just developed a strange fault which I'm struggling to trace.

Upon hit the start button the main motor spins up fine. When I attempt to start the spindle (via the pendant control), it pulses the spindle a few times for a split second then eventually spins up. If you stop the spindle and attempt to restart it it will either do the same or refuse to go at all. Sometimes it even drops out I feel that the fault is with the contractors as you can hear them click in and out.

In the control box it has a contractor for the spindle motor (which if manually operated the spindle does run), it also seems to have two other contractors below (one of which is fitted with a time delay add on). I think it is one (or both) of these at fault. I think these are for the direction change of the spindle but I can figure out how they're wired.

I'm after a wiring diagram because I think the most logical thing to do is replace the three contractors with more modern versions. Im almost tempted to do the same with the contractors for the main motor, hydraulics/lubrication and coolant pump.

Thanks

Jonathan

Are yöu sure the motor overload protection is adjusted too low and cutting the current?

Heres a picture of hydraulic diagram for cinedo. It has something about the pulses.
IMG_20200315_165103.jpg

I will llook at my prints. The 2MK British has a three pulse built in the machine when you change gears. Its for gear mesh.

Are yöu sure the motor overload protection is adjusted too low and cutting the current?

Heres a picture of hydraulic diagram for cinedo. It has something about the pulses.
View attachment 281895

I will llook at my prints. The 2MK British has a three pulse built in the machine when you change gears. Its for gear mesh.

Hi both. Thank you for your replies. That has proven to be very helpful! First off sorry for the long reply. As you may be able to tell I've not had the machine very long and haven't come across an auto gear change machine before so wasnt aware how it is meant to behave!

The spindle does appear to do the pulsing as said but not exactly as described. It doesn't appear to pulse 3 times quickly... It seems to pulse the spindle then waits for a random amount of time in seconds, pulses again, waits a random time again and then the spindle may or may not start!

If it does start it may keep running or it might randomly drop out. The operation page posted above says that you should be able to stop and start the spindle without a gear change which results in no pulsing on next startup, however it may do this or other times it stops, drops the contractor out and refuses to go.

So knowing now that this is a fault with the pulsing system I have had a further investigation of the machine removing various covers etc. I have found the pressure switch inside back cover by the spindle motor. It seems when the issue occurs this pressure switch misbehaves. I have put my ear to the switch and when you pull the gear change lever you can hear it click, however it doesnt always seem to click back in when you press the spindle start after its built hydraulic pressure. If you wait you can hear it eventually click then the machine will start.

The pressure switch itself has a pressure adjustment knob, if you adjust it more the machine never starts, if you adjust it less then the machine will start every time but if you change gear it grinds the gears as it doesnt pulse!

This is leading me to think that the issue is either the pressure switch or a lack of pressure in the system??

Do either of you guys know what the pressure should be so I can fit a pressure gauge and test it.

My machine has a plate on the knee which says "14.2kg/cm2"
Its ~ 14bar, i adjusted it little over and the speed change seemed to work better.

IMG_20200320_073149.jpg

My machine has a plate on the knee which says "14.2kg/cm2"
Its ~ 14bar, i adjusted it little over and the speed change seemed to work better.

View attachment 282336

Harri, Sorry for the really long delay in replying - the Cinedo got put in storage for some time due to current circumstances..

Your replies have proven to be most helpful, it was indeed a pressure issue, or lack of! I drained and flushed the oil as it look horrific, after doing this the pressure in the system instantly increased and lo and behold it now spins up every time and pulses on gearchange. It still doesnt pulse 3 times, but it appears that the pulsing contactor has been swapped out with the wrong type, but its working!

Back