What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Cinova 80 205-12

crzypete

Hot Rolled
An exciting day for me, I just picked up this mill to upgrade my older cincinnati horizontal mill. It was a long drive off to Cleveland, but hopeful a fruitful one. The company claimed it ran flawlessly, but it was no longer hooked to power when I arrived.

I am most thrilled about the powered overarm!

Unfortunately the table raising handle is MIA and there are no overarm supports. Any one with any leads? Any idea on how universal the overarm supports are?

I've never experienced the hydraulic feed system, hopefully it will not be too much of a nightmare.

The serial number is 12J2P5P-26.

Does anyone have experience with these? Has anyone mounted a DRO?

Peter

cinova80 - 1.jpg
cinova80 - 2.jpg
cinova80 - 3.jpg

2J2P5P
Is a NO. 2 ( 205 - 12 ) MI Plain Mill Model LL Born in 1964

5 HP Motor

The I. O. S. serial number may be on the electrical panel of the I. O. S.

Looks like you have a auto cycle on it too. Hoses running down from the table.

Nice machine, congratulations.

I run a 2mi every day; love it. It is, in my opinion, one of the smoothest running machines with a really nice feeling of precision on the controls and feed levers. However, mine doesn't have your hydraulics.

Somewhat surprising to see outboard supports on ebay that are actually reasonable:
182224014993 $70
152399059168 $100

Good luck!

Great looking machine. I always wanted one of those. Post more pics after you get it running.

btm

I have one of these .same powered over arm and head. I have dros on mine.
Got to thinking...mine is a 60

C - Mike

Sample measurements .

1942 2 MH.jpg

When the machine is new, they bore and tapered the outboard support on the machine clamped in place. You may have to do a touch up bore and buy the new style bushing,

Thanks for all the replies.

The dovetail measures 5 3/4" across the widest part of the dovetail, I didn't measure to center yet. A friend says he has one for me, so hopefully that plays out.

J king, is that just a head that swivels in two dimensions or does it also have a quill? Any chance you could take a picture of the handle to raise the knee? I suspect I need to make one.

C Mike, Thanks for the info. It;s 25 years newer than the one it is replacing. Number on the overarm is 173595a

Since I last posted I was able to remove it from the trailer and remove it from its skid and get it close to its final position. It's looking kind of big in the shop.

Pete

The head just moves 2 axis. No quill.

Can you zoom in on this pic? I'm not home for a while

I've run into my first issue with the machine. I powered it up and I can't get the feeds to work. What is odd is that the rapids work for all three axes. I'm not sure if I need to engage something that is not engaged or if I have a real problem, I was told the machine functioned properly when I bought it, but was unable to inspect under power. I topped the oil to the sight lines this morning and still no dice. Oil is currently leaking back out.....

Any ideas?

Pete

Ok, just ran it. How's this for odd. The feeds work with the vertical head spinning, but not the horizontal head. Perhaps an electrical issue? something else easy that I am missing? This is a good start as the vertical head is an important reason that I bought the machine.

Pete

I have it all figured out now. There is a unlabeled three position selector switch on the electrical box. Position one is the vertical head only and feeds with the vertical head. Position two allows both heads to spin, but feed only works with the vertical head. Position three is the horizontal head only and that allows the feeds to work in horizontal mode. Glad it was operator error!

Back