What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Contourmaster 1C

OldGold

Plastic
Hello,
I recently purchased a Cincinnati Contour Master model 1C mill. It is basically all there minus the pickfeed mechanism. All the hydraulic hoses for the tracers hydraulic pump weee disconnected, but at least they were labeled and capped off so I'll know where they connect. I do not have a manual for this machine and was hoping someone on this forum has one that they would kindly share. I have looked thru this forum as well as online but with no luck.
If no manual is available, can someone that has experience with these machines advise me on how best to reconnect and bleed the hydraulics. Still, I have never ran a tracer mill, and haven't much of a clue on the adjustments and controls for the 1C Acratrace unit.

Also, if anyone has info or pictures of the pickfeed mechanism, on or off the machine, I would like to see them. I doubt I will find one for sale, but I am confident I can reproduce it with adequate pictures.

I appreciate any help with getting this machine working as it once did.

Thanks,
Joshua

Can you take a picture of the tracer.I can adjust all of the 5 different tracer. You have to time out the slides.

Thanks for the reply and the help. I will take a picture of the tracer today and post it. It is the Acratrace model that capable of 3D. I'd like to find a manual for the tracer as well as for the machine itself. I have never ran a tracer mill and would rather not get into it without guidance.

Thanks

Picture

This is a picture taken by the previous owner of the actual machine that I have. It is a little rough around the edges, but everything feels tight and all of the hydraulic tracer components are there. I am hoping to get it all working as it once did. Thanks again for the help. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5447.jpg
    IMG_5447.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 164
This is a picture taken by the previous owner of the actual machine that I have. It is a little rough around the edges, but everything feels tight and all of the hydraulic tracer components are there. I am hoping to get it all working as it once did. Thanks again for the help. Thanks

I have the manuals. I won't be home until Sunday.

Regards

i

Any help is appreciated. If obtaining a copy of the manuals is possible, I would happily pay. There are a lot of free manual downloads online for all makes and models of machinery, but I just cannot find them for this machine.

I found an original manual for the Acratrace on eBay. I would still like to have one for the machine itself, so if anybody knows where I can download one or is willing to sell an original or even make a copy of one, it would really help.

Thanks

I found an original manual for the Acratrace on eBay. I would still like to have one for the machine itself, so if anybody knows where I can download one or is willing to sell an original or even make a copy of one, it would really help.

Thanks
I will try to get one to show you today.

Thanks for the pictures, as well as the help. Where will I find the serial number on the machine? I was told it is a 1C but it'd be nice to be sure. I'd also like to know the year of the machine and was told the year could be identified using the serial number.

The Acratrace manual I got looks just like yours, with the same publication number, only mine is blue. It doesn't mention bleeding the hydraulic lines when reconnecting, so if you have any insight on that process, I'm all ears. I've bled your typical hydraulic lines for heavy equipment but not sure if the process would vary on a tracer mill.

Again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it.

I just looked on the Acratrace unit and found the following serial number...

CYA-5S-10-24
1-C

I'm unsure where to find the serial number on the actual milling machine but found this on the front edge of the table...

7J3H5S-9

Thanks

ITS A 1C Contourmaster Model LM Year 1966

The Acratrace number

CYA IS THE MACHINE TYPE
5SCOONTOURING RATE
10-24 DEPTH OF FEED RATE

Page 17 in the mqnual

I am still searching for a manual for the Contourmaster milling machine. I would be happy to pay for one, even if it is just a copy of an original.

I am trying to get the machine fully operational, but have no experience even running a tracer mill, let alone making the tracer work properly after the hydraulics have been disconnected for years. I have a manual for the tracer itself, and it has some good info in it that will help me, but, it doesn't mention bleeding the hydraulic lines when reconnecting, so if you have any insight on that process, I'm all ears. I've bled your typical hydraulic lines for heavy equipment but not sure if the process would vary on a tracer mill.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Still looking for manuals? I've attached pictures of what I have. I'm also very curios if you have got your machine running, I to picked up a Contourmaster and would love to connect with someone with experience with them.

Attachments

• resized 1 .JPG
    resized 1 .JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 8
  • resized 2.JPG
    resized 2.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 7

Back