What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Dial Type Mill

Welldone

Plastic
I have a 3104LL mill that is a MAN......A very loud man. This mill is the ignored mill in our shop because of the noise that creates. Anybody have one of these and what can you tell me about the loudness.Maybe the "LL" in the model number means " double loud"😉

The 3104 means something but the LL doesn't .That type serial number 3104 is a model LL. Something like 310423P, 310434P or U, V.

Those drive pulleys in the back on the drive shaft get worn. I have pulled them apart a number of times at the bearing back there were noisy as heck. You know we don't have a crystal ball so if you could tell us is it in the knee or in the column or we is it the noisiest, etc. Have you check the oil levels? Changed the oil ever?

Its a 310-14 Vertical Dial Type 5Z is 1972 Model LL

It use to be you could get a set of matching belts. The machine has 4 or 5 vee belts on it. They need to have the motor sheave and pully bracket sheave in line with each other and the right deflection on the belts. The pulley bracket may need the bearings taken up. Then you have all the bearings in the column.

Hello Welldone,
I have a similar problem, it is certainly not my belts or motor. The noise (to me is tolerable) but it would be nice if it was a little more quiet. I think it is the clutch. The machine is a gem, built in 1942. A milicron guy said it is surprising that it still runs as good as it does. Most of these mills ran 24-7 during the war.
otrlt

Back