What's new
What's new

Cincinnati horizontal no #3 plain milling machine weight?

2 clicks low

Aluminum
I found a Cincinnati horizontal no #3 plain milling machine I spoke with the man and he gave me these number as the model 4j3p5b-12 I think this is the serial number, what is the weight?
I did a search here on the Practical machinist forum it looks like 8,000 or so pounds is this correct?

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 12,619
Last edited:
My operators manual says 9800lb for that style. My #4 is over 12000lb. You better have some big stuff to move it.

I was not sure on how heavy it was! I can move 6000lbs plus 2000lbs trailer but for this machine I will have to rent a truck and folk lift. It seems to me it usually cost me double. $500 for the mill and $500 for truck and folk lift would be my guess. He is asking $500 for the machine and I will have to look around for cost of the equipment to move it. Thank You

That is a good price. If it is close everything funtions and and cost you another 500 -750 to go get I realy would not give it thought of buying it!

The company I work for is having a Retirement (going-out-of-business) Sale after 38 years and liquidating their entire machine shop. Lots of SOLID equipment with plenty of life still left in them including this BEAST of a Cincinatti (Lot # 93); they don't make them like this anymore! Know anyone with a need or room to give them a second lease on life? Someone please save it from going to the scrap-yard!
Cinci No3.jpg
CINCINATTI MILLING MACHINE VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL HEAD NO. 3 SER. ZA3PIZ-76 You must use our Rig

The company I work for is having a Retirement (going-out-of-business) Sale after 38 years and liquidating their entire machine shop. Lots of SOLID equipment with plenty of life still left in them including this BEAST of a Cincinatti (Lot # 93); they don't make them like this anymore! Know anyone with a need or room to give them a second lease on life? Someone please save it from going to the scrap-yard!
View attachment 295094
CINCINATTI MILLING MACHINE VERTICAL AND HORIZONTAL HEAD NO. 3 SER. ZA3PIZ-76 You must use our Rig

The machine showed up today!!

IMG_5133.jpg

Back