What's new
What's new

cincinnati hydrashift 10

sliverr2

Plastic
Looking for some help in solving what i think is a problem with my hydrashift.recently acquired it and found that the quickchange gear box was put together wrong. i straightened out that but now notice the speed feed tag does not match the actual speed and feeds.Example- if i select a 3 pitch the lead screw turns slower than if i select a 5 3/4 pitch. the tag is the correct part number for the hydrashift 10 so i am wondering if the gear box is from a differant machine.the tag part number i have is 607079 which is correct by the parts book for a 10.anyone able to supply me with pics of tags with part numbers 607078 and 607079? this will help me either solve or eliminate one possible reason for this problem. to add to this my gear box is a 54 speed the book says that is what a 22 and 26 lathe has and i assume i should only have 48.

threadplate.jpg

10" Tray Top. Doubt this helps...

every pic is going to help. that plate reads pretty much the same as mine. can you maybe do me a favor? in bc which position spins the lead screw faster? it should be number 8 where as mine is number 5

Thanks for any help just wanted to end this thread by saying i have solved the problem.gear box was partially set up for metric causing all my frustrations.

I have a 12-1/2 Hydrashift with an English 607079 index plate. No photos handy, but can take some and post if you still need them.

Back