What's new
What's new

L&S Powerturn Compound Swivel

Ja_cain

Cast Iron
I posted this a while back, but I have decided I want to just make a new centering pin instead of having this one ground. Few questions though. What material would be best and how much clearance would you leave on the compound side? Thanks in advance for any advice.PXL_20210721_153928119.jpgPXL_20210721_153944501.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

What's wrong with it?

I would make it from 4340PH and leave a couple thou clearance. I wouldn't want it a very tight fit. It needs to turn easily and hopefully retain a bit of oil or grease so it doesn't rust.

What's wrong with it?

I would make it from 4340PH and leave a couple thou clearance. I wouldn't want it a very tight fit. It needs to turn easily and hopefully retain a bit of oil or grease so it doesn't rust.
At some point they replaced the compound base that has a .985 I'd hole. The pin is 1". I found it pressed below the surface when I removed it. My buddy and I were thinking 4340 too. Thanks for the advice.

You're over killing it!!!! It doesn't have to be any greater in strength than it's mating material. In this case, cast iron.
The pin in the L & S I had was pretty much "butter" when I cut on it. Just use whatever you have on hand. Ken

You're over killing it!!!! It doesn't have to be any greater in strength than it's mating material. In this case, cast iron.
The pin in the L & S I had was pretty much "butter" when I cut on it. Just use whatever you have on hand. Ken
No kill, like overkill. Lol! I found a piece of 416 1.25" stock laying around. I'll make it out of that. Thanks!

Back