What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Universal Grinder operational problems

BigVinny

Plastic
I have a Cincinnati Universal grinder, a 10" filmatic machine, that wont advance the work head. Everything else functions proper but when I try to advance the wheelhead, nothing happens. If anyone has had this problem or might know a repairman on the west coast, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

BV
Are you referring to the 'Pickfeed' for automatic infeed up to a specified distance and then spark out?
Hydraulic fluid rate of flow is controlled by the spool block in the center of the base. Directional control or 'active or inactive'
flow is controlled by solenoid valves. Function failure can usually be remedied by tracing the hydraulic line back to the
solenoid valve for that line. Failure can be partial or complete failure of the solenoid coil winding.
I would have to check my manual to see if there is one or two solenoids in the Pickfeed control block.
There is a cabinet with additional control solenoids just to the right of the wheelhead from the operators p.o.v.
Right Side.jpg
Could also be a line leak but check the solenoids first.
The assumption is that fluid levels are fine, filter is not blocked and the pump is working as it should.
John

Back