What's new
What's new

Help me identify these Cincinnati attachments, Please

nc5a

Cast Iron
I have the following Cincinnati attachments but have no idea which machine they will fit so am asking for help. Except for the gear cutter which will fit many machines I have no idea what the others fit.

I will eventually put these up for sale but am certain buyers will ask me if a particular attachment will fit their machine and I want to be ready with an answer.

1ea Spiral Milling Attachment, stamped on the housing is AEA1P1/35
1ea (new old stock) Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is 35468 and 64563RF
1ea Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is ATA1F29/43
1ea Rack Cutting Attachment stamped with AJA1T92-11
1ea Gear Cutting Attachment stamped AWD1L/170
1ea Arbor Support stamped 76153

I've checked the Vintage Machinery site and couldn't find the information I need.

lXBYFSh.jpg

hjphGig.jpg

2VPbtxl.jpg

oigVxFm.jpg

46RdUgg.jpg

LTudy1o.jpg

9Pdyq66.jpg

nbcoLkl.jpg

Not much info. You do have a few enclosed date codes (1F, 1L, 1P, 1T = 1938, 1942, 1944, 1947) and you have an arbor support with a very specific dove tail size - and that's it. Maybe for the "M" and its later off spring - thumbnail shows my 2M from the thirties - now long gone - and those three tapped holes in face of column for mounting those sort of attachments

You could call up The Fives and see if the few part numbers (such as 76153) meant anything to them - good luck on that

If you were real energetic, you could disassemble and record ALL stamped on part numbers before you called:D

Here is their web page

Online Parts Store - Fives Metal Cutting-Composites

Attachments

• Timken 2M.jpg
    Timken 2M.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hi John,

Many thanks for stepping up to the plate with information. I figured if anyone could help me it would be you. And, as you probably already guessed I'm not energetic enough to take them apart and gather individual part numbers. Hopefully someone will recognize them and post some details. I believe Forrest would know but he doesn't seem to be around much anymore. Thanks again for your help.

Ron

A few details would help.......

Size of bolt circle(s) that would fit in the three slots on the various attachments

Dimensions on dovetail in arbor support - and distance down to center

Here are the years each attachments.

1944 Manual Pub. No. M1375 - 1ea Spiral Milling Attachment, stamped on the housing is AEA1P1/35
Manual Pub. No. M - 2459 1ea (new old stock) Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is 35468 and 64563RF
- 1938 Manual Pub. No. 1351 1ea Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is ATA1F29/43
1947 Manual Pub. No. M 1532- ea Rack Cutting Attachment stamped with AJA1T92-11
1942 - 1ea Gear Cutting Attachment stamped AWD1L/170

If you intend to sell those, I would be very interested in buying all of them. I am pretty sure they will fit my 2MH, but would also want rough dovetail dimensions to check. Also, I am slightly unsure how or what cost it would be to get those from Alaska to Virginia. But like I said, all of them :D

Please

Here are the years each attachments.

1944 Manual Pub. No. M1375 - 1ea Spiral Milling Attachment, stamped on the housing is AEA1P1/35
Manual Pub. No. M - 2459 1ea (new old stock) Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is 35468 and 64563RF
- 1938 Manual Pub. No. 1351 1ea Slotting Head, stamped on the housing is ATA1F29/43
1947 Manual Pub. No. M 1532- ea Rack Cutting Attachment stamped with AJA1T92-11
1942 - 1ea Gear Cutting Attachment stamped AWD1L/170

WOW, many thanks for your time and effort to help me. Additional research has indicated that they fit most of the Cincinnati # 2 model horizontal milling machines. Thank you again.

If you intend to sell those, I would be very interested in buying all of them. I am pretty sure they will fit my 2MH, but would also want rough dovetail dimensions to check. Also, I am slightly unsure how or what cost it would be to get those from Alaska to Virginia. But like I said, all of them :D

Please

Blackrainstorm thanks for the interest. I have no idea of freight cost to Virginia but I know freight out of Alaska is very cheap as most containers go South pretty much empty. For example I recently shipped a crate 48"W X 40"H X 86" L weighing 708 lbs to Seattle for $146 and it had a no stack restriction. With $10,000 insurance on it the total was $192.

I will provide dimensions you request.

Ron

Number 2 dial type is 6 1/8" centre of spindle to bottom of overarm. Number 3 & 4 are 7 3/8"
Hope this helps.
I would be interested in the Rack cutter.

Number 2 dial type is 6 1/8" centre of spindle to bottom of overarm. Number 3 & 4 are 7 3/8"
Hope this helps.
I would be interested in the Rack cutter.

Thank you for the arbor support distance. It verifies what I found out during my research.

The over arm support is indeed 6 1/8" from the bottom of the over arm to the center of the arbor support bushing. Center to center distance of the bottom mount holes are 7 1/2" and center to center of each bottom mount hole to the top mount hole is 8". The gear cutter/dividing head base to spindle center is 8".

Those number match my No.2MH Cincinnati.

Getting those attachments would be a huge boon for me and this machine. Let me know! Feel free to PM me too whenever you are ready.

Thanks,
David

Back