What's new
What's new

help, please Cincinnati 12 1/2 hadrashift

neckyzips

Plastic
i picked this up several months ago, it was in a shop i tested all gears, etc, all worked fine.
i moved it to my shop, cleaned it, painted it, rebuilt oilers in apron drained and refilled oil, etc, the only thing in the head stock i removed was the speed selector shaft to paint.

now it is all back together wired to rotary phase converter, started right up, went into gear fine, i figured it had been sitting for a while i set it to lowest speed and let it run, thinking it could use some time to get oil in places that may not have seen oil in a while. it ran for about 10 min then stopped, like it was locked up. i the drive shaft was really difficult to turn so i kept rotating it till i got it to turn enough to run and shift into high gear. shut it down and rotated the chuck in gear till it turned smooth. fired it back up and it runs and shifts. i figured the break was not properly lubed and was binding? thoughts?

biggest issue is, it shifts whenever the dial is turned, when i tested it before purchase you could change speed then lower the engagement lever brake it and then it would shift. now however it just shifts when the dial is moved, which i am worried about it stripping gears if hit accidentally. would this be a psi issue in the shift block? i have the manual, i understand how to test it but i do not think i have the proper gauge to test...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back