What's new
What's new

Weight of Kearney and Trecker 2K horizontal mill?

hawkfan9

Hot Rolled
Looking to re-acquire a K&T mill after selling my 2H a couple years ago (like an idiot:crazy:)

What does a 2K weigh? I've got to be able to maneuver it around in my shop, so I'd like to know what I'm getting into. I'm guessing it's more than a 2H, but not sure how much more. Also, what hp motors do these typically come with. I'm getting limited information from selling entity, and it's a pretty good drive each way.

Thanks.

6K in round numbers in '39 catalog, more if later since they gained weight in the war years

I have seen them with both 7 1/2 and 10 HP

Looking to re-acquire a K&T mill after selling my 2H a couple years ago (like an idiot:crazy:)

What does a 2K weigh? I've got to be able to maneuver it around in my shop, so I'd like to know what I'm getting into. I'm guessing it's more than a 2H, but not sure how much more. Also, what hp motors do these typically come with. I'm getting limited information from selling entity, and it's a pretty good drive each way.

Thanks.

Thanks, John. It may be a moot point. In the time between when I posted and you replied, I got an email saying the machine cannot be tested under power, as he doesn't have 3 phase.

That's a problem for me. I don't want a project mill. I've got enough of that around here.

Still checking into getting it running......

Thanks, Ramsay. I wrote it down in a safe place so I won't have to ask next time.

My 2H Universal weighed in at 4670 lbs., but it had a vertical head and parking attachment on it, as well as fitted with the B-overarms and a spindle. Sounds about right.....that v-head was very very heavy.

Thanks, Ramsay. I wrote it down in a safe place so I won't have to ask next time.

My 2H Universal weighed in at 4670 lbs., but it had a vertical head and parking attachment on it, as well as fitted with the B-overarms and a spindle. Sounds about right.....that v-head was very very heavy.

Yeah the extras add up.. I think everything they made was heavy.. lol.. And surely made to last! I have three war babies still running.. Ramsay 1:)

Any one know what or where to find a weight for a K&T all I have is a serial number (9-6602) and a picture. It's a potential purchase and I am wondering if a skid loader would put this on a trailer. I have no idea if it's a 2chl or 1ch or ac.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any one know what or where to find a weight for a K&T all I have is a serial number (9-6602) and a picture. It's a potential purchase and I am wondering if a skid loader would put this on a trailer. I have no idea if it's a 2chl or 1ch or ac.

If you could share the picture with us it would help. At the moment it's a bit like saying " How fast will a Ford go ? "

Regards Tyrone.

Its identical to this one as far as I can tell. The grey one is the only picture I got from the seller when i asked for numbers to do research.
eb7654f446bd01212b4f405f06e50d67.jpg
933d9c8cce802fad084362271f8fb0b7.jpg

Fookin-a! I was thinking 3500 but I am not familiar with these size machines. I have only ever run a Bridgeport or some derivative of. They are not anywhere near that. I'm gonna have to rent a fork lift

Looks like 2HL or 2CHL - less than 4000. '57 catalog says 2CHL is 3200

Lot book says 6602 is one of a lot of 10 from October 1951 - so confirming 2CHL

Above assumes 46" table - if it turns out to be the 40" table that makes it a 1CH

Movable quill with NMTB 40 taper

3 HP

Thank you! man, that helps a ton I think I can manage 3500lbs. I kinda estimated 3000 to 4000 but dont judge a book by its cover. These old iron machines are built solid as heck. Thank you again, that makes this thing more than welcome to my shop!!!

Looks like 2HL or 2CHL - less than 4000. '57 catalog says 2CHL is 3200

Lot book says 6602 is one of a lot of 10 from October 1951 - so confirming 2CHL

Above assumes 46" table - if it turns out to be the 40" table that makes it a 1CH

Movable quill with NMTB 40 taper

3 HP

That machine only weighs 1-1/2 tons ! I must be losing my touch, that would be my £1 wasted. I probably need a man stood next to it.

Regards Tyrone.

I hope your skidloader is a big one. Most skidloaders aren't going to handle unloading or loading 3500 lbs.. Mine is the biggest New Holland makes, and it barely handles 3500 lbs. with a weight kit.

I ended up renting a forklift and just got a 14000 pound trailer and pull them both on it. It wouldn't be so badd if it wasn't for all the to ing they sent with it he did have the dividing head and tail stock for it and also had a 6" and an 8" vise not to mention 2 different styles of colotes and about 42 in bits and huge boxes of and Mills

Hey quick side note. The quill is stuck solid and I cant get it to budge up or down. Spindle spins fine and every other option on the machine is working. What's the magic search to find a thread on that. I have been trying all kinds of searches and cant find one.

Back