What's new
What's new

I joined the heavy iron club, 24x126 Powerturn

Cole2534

Diamond
I couldn't let this little guy slip by me, being only 65mi away, but I admittedly have no idea what it has in store for me. It's the 2013/17, she ain't light.

I've attached some pics of machine and ID tag. Based on RPM range, it's a A model with 15hp. Base weight is ~8600lbs for a 30" c/c, but this is 126". 2" thru, L1 nose.

Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Last edited:
I couldn't let this little guy slip by me, being only 65mi away, but I admittedly have no idea what it has in store for me. It's the 2013/17, she ain't light.

I've attached some pics of machine and ID tag. Based on RPM range, it's a A model with 15hp. Base weight is ~8600lbs for a 30" c/c, but this is 126".

Any guesses on spindle nose config and thru-hole diameter?
View attachment 307127View attachment 307128View attachment 307129

Nice machine, that pt outdoes my 16x102 American pacemaker by a fair bit

I have it's next smaller brother (which needs a new home, btw) which is a 2113 x 102. Its actual weight is 9300.

Sweet looking machine there for sure.

That would be a handy one with that much swing, that length, both big and little steadies and a good top end for turning the small diameters usually on the ends of big shafts.

My 14x102 Pacemaker is right at 12k, but it has a lot of weight in weird places- Like the base castings under the machine are 2" thick everywhere. Only manual lathe I've ever moved where the tailstock end is just about as heavy as the headstock end.

Well I glad you got it, The lathe is fussy to level, the oil to the gearbox is a drip gravity set up, for it to work it has to level ...that is why mine was noisy..... bad setup from old owner.rough gears in high speed set..Phil

This is also my first machine that I am unable to remove myself. Riggers fees are going to be about $800 to put that on my trailer.

Is that high, or just part of the game? I'll still have under $2500 in it.

If it's an auction with many machines and riggers are there anyway $800 sounds about double normal. If riggers are making a trip just for you that sounds very cheap.

If it's only 65 mi can you use a rollback tow truck? Tow truck driver's meet all the insurance requirements for riggers usually. I would guess the towtruck would be $300-$500 for that move.

$2500 all in is nothing to complain about though.

If it's an auction with many machines and riggers are there anyway $800 sounds about double normal. If riggers are making a trip just for you that sounds very cheap.

If it's only 65 mi can you use a rollback tow truck? Tow truck driver's meet all the insurance requirements for riggers usually. I would guess the towtruck would be $300-$500 for that move.

$2500 all in is nothing to complain about though.
Gotta use their guys, so rigger is a rather apropos title. But I respect their profession and they have overheads as well.

Sent via CNC 88HS

Forget the rigger bite and think of $2500 loaded your trailer. That is a bargain if the lathe is ok.

If its wired 480, you may still want to use a transformer. Changing the motors for different voltage is easy, that is if one wasn't rewound already and only 480V leads were pulled. The difficult part is all the heaters in the overloads need changed. Depending on the overload, heaters may be difficult to find.

Back