What's new
What's new

Identification needed

bear_

Plastic
Hello

A friend asked, if i was interested in a mill.
Until now, i only have 2 pictures.
I cant read it completely, Barney&xxxxxx Milwaukee.

Can someone help ?

Looks like some massive american iron. I wonder how that one made it to switzerland. Never saw one like that...

Greets

Julian

Mmmh... cant ad the pics from my mobile.... i'll add them later

Make that Kearney & Trecker of Milwaukee Wisconsin USA

Depending on age and size, up to 17,000 Lbs / 7700 Kg

If over in that neck of the woods, maybe from Lend Lease nearly 80 years back

And maybe considerably later My K&T 2CH, made in 1956, went directly to a dealer in Zurich . It is fully metric and has the appropriate language tags

here are the pics...

Attachments

• IMG-20200127-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200127-WA0002.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20200127-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200127-WA0003.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 124
Mighty strange - column controls on wrong side! (unless photos have been played with)

Other than that, similar to forties/fifties 1H / 2HL swivel head vertical- but with knee motor

Maybe from CVA in the UK they built some of the "wrong handed" E series machines under license from K&T

It looks like a model E. I've only ever seen pictures of the horizontal version.
Had the same controls on the right and the external coolant pump but with a drive shaft for the knee that was connected to the column just below the speed change dial.
Can you find the serial number ?

Hi guys

I thought that thing is much bigger from the pictures... but "only" 600mm X.... i'm looking for something bigger...
He also offered a Sajo VF-54 with something arround 900mm X... extrem massiv 50 taper machine... but, the show starts @ 1200mm X 🤪

Greets, Julian

Back