What's new
What's new

Identifying LeBlond Lathe from Serial Number

KTMer

Aluminum
I'm looking at a used prob 1970s vintage LeBlond lathe. The owner does not know much about it. He did pass along the serial number. Is there a website that can reference the serial number to the machine specs?

One more question
Does anyone know of a LeBlond lathe group on Yahoo or Facebook or the like?

Answered my own question again
Looks like Yahoo closed their Groups service a few years ago but the LeBlond Group was moved to [email protected] | Home

Question- I like the idea of Servo Shift but these machines appear to be more complicated
Is the convenience worth the added complication or should I look for a manual model?

Looks like Yahoo closed their Groups service a few years ago but the LeBlond Group was moved to [email protected] | Home

Question- I like the idea of Servo Shift but these machines appear to be more complicated
Is the convenience worth the added complication or should I look for a manual model?

Definitely worth it, I love mine, the clunky old Wacheon at work makes me wish it was a Le Blond. Lead screw reverse on the carriage is a great feature.

Thanks for the info... I had KTMilwaukee for a long time on yahoo.. It was nice t be able to share files, pics, etc, but yahoo crapped out and I could not even get into my own group.. Since then, I, and others have gone to Vintagemachinery.org and shared much info.. Still like to share LeBlond info on the group though.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Back