What's new
What's new

ISO Low Lead Attachment

Janssenjr84

Plastic
Was wondering were or of a guy can find a low lead attachment for a 1951 K&T 2CHL. It's a neat piece of machine tool and I have the dividing head and TS that will accept it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was wondering were or of a guy can find a low lead attachment for a 1951 K&T 2CHL. It's a neat piece of machine tool and I have the dividing head and TS that will accept it.

They are scarce as hens' teeth.. I bought a complete low lead for my 2hl universal some years back for 800 dollars and the crate was loaded with extras..The only thing missing was the trip shaft for the unit which I made...Finding a unit for sale and with all the gears is almost impossible.. Ramsay 1:)

If one presents itself you must be ready to buy whatever machine its attached too. Unfortunately the gears have often gone missing.

I was fortunate. There was one on Ebay in the crate with lots of goodies.. It had never been installed...It was mostly complete in that all it was lacking was the feed trip shaft which was easy enough to make..Every spur gear and all three worm gear sets were present on the wooden rack that came with the unit.. It even had some extra goodies such as coolant lines and nozzles and an arm brace.. I paid 800 dollars for it.. If it were offered on ebay now, you would probably have to mortgage your home to buy it.. Ramsay 1:)

They’re out there but like Mike and Ramsay1 said. They’re far and few between and there’s a good chance it will cost a small fortune for a complete unit. I’ve had 4-5 low leads go through my hands the last few years. I kept one complete unit for the 3CH and one incomplete LL for my 2CHL. Here’s a link showing the difference between the 2HL and the 2CHL LL.
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...avy-iron/2chl-1-2hl-low-lead-pictures-336218/

Andy

Holy gods ... okay well does anyone have an idea where to start searching for this unicorn. I haven't got a "need" for it but sometimes ideas can become projects when tooling makes it possible. I just got a 2CHL and as soon as I get the quill unstuck I'm gonna test drive the hell outta it!

Just been awhile and was going through some old threads and was gonna see if anyone has happened upon a low lead set up for a 2chl. I have been watching Ebay, Craigslist, and a few machinery auction sites and to no avail.

Back