Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    FINLAND
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good Job! Nice to hear you got her fixed
    Maybe you could upload some videos of this beauty running to YouTube and share the link here ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I look at that machine I scratch my head and wonder why K&T are no longer in business. That's a really beautifully designed and put together milling machine. You got a bargain there.

Regards Tyrone.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    When I look at that machine I scratch my head and wonder why K&T are no longer in business. That's a really beautifully designed and put together milling machine. You got a bargain there.

Regards Tyrone.

I believe K&T had some major lawsuits over some of their early eighty's programable mills. I'm not sure how bad that hurt them. I agree that they should still making mills.
    Poor management ? It was a loss of an icon.

Reverendvaughn
    Congrats on fixing the leak. Those leaks can be hard to find.

Edit.
    Here is a thread about the downfall of K&T. Read post # 11
    K&T history links

Post #11 below
    K&T Old Timer
    Plastic

I worked for K&T for over 26 years. Here is what happened.

K&T was very profitable in the late 70's. The president of K&T arranged the merger with Cross Co. A holding company (Cross & Trecker) was formed. Cross Company and K&T operated as independant companies.

In 1984, Cross & Trecker purchased Warner & Swasey from Allied Bendix.

In the mid to late 80's W&S and K&T had some profitability problems. In 1989 K&T combined with W&S to become KT Swasey. There were some workforce reductions but profitability was still a problem.

Bill Fife was hired as President of K&T in late 1985. He made some sweeping changes in operations of K&T. Some were good some were not so good. In 1987 Bill Fife was hired as President of G&L.

At G&L Bill Fife made many changes and eventually led a team that took G&L Public from AMCA. In July of 1989 G&L sold 10,000,000 shares of stock at $14 and became a public company with Bill Fife as Chairman and CEO.

In the next few years G&L was profitable and the share price grew on the market. Business was good at G&L and in 1991 G&L purchased all of Cross & Trecker.

After the aquisition, the decision was made to eliminate the K&T, W&S, Cross, and Sheffield brand mames. Variouss restructuring moves took place including the closing of the K&T plant in 1992. W&S and Sheffield plants were also closed and operations moved to Fond du Lac, WI

Many salaried and hourly employees of K&T moved to G&L. All K&T and W&S service reps were retained.

In 1997 G&L was purchased by Thyssen Corp. (A large German company, also a machine tool builder)

In 2005, Thyssen sold all of their machine tool operations including G&L to Maxcor, a private U.S. Company.

Support of all K&T products is maintained by G&L in Fond du Lac, WI. G&L has service reps located throughout the US that service G&L, K&T, and W&S products.