Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I lifted this photo off another guy's post. I'd like to make the Coolant Pipe Ring for my machine since the odds of finding one in the wild is pretty unlikely. The drawing in the parts book provides most of the assembly detail needed, but if anyone has other photos, input as to whether it's all steel or some parts are brass, etc., it would be much appreciated. I'm guessing the 1/4" x 7/8" SHCS shown in the parts book is to clamp the ring where it's slit?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails d34d2dcb-5926-4439-b596-0297d0293a8f_zpsyan1fmpq.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My coolant pipe ring is all steel.

It is three pieces: the floating ring with the mounting stud, the split ring with one flange, and the bottom flange for the split ring.

There is a socket head screw to tighten the split ring. It is accessed through a hole drilled through the floating ring as shown in the 4th picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_3197.jpg   img_3196.jpg   img_3195.jpg   img_3194.jpg   img_3192.jpg  

3. Likes W_Higgins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post 61, what are the green colored parts in that pic? Especially the squarish one on the right. I have one of those but it never occurred to me that it went with my 2D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The squarish part on the right is the automatic stop for the quill feed. It attached to the side of the head opposite the quill feed handle.

It is the part with the triangle of red dots in the attached picture. The line of yellow dots ends on the trip rod plate that is attached to the quill by the two socket head screws. The trip rod on my plate was ground flat by a previous owner.

That rod would normally hit the adjustable dogs on the automatic stop to trip out the feed.

The dogs are adjusted with the big thumbscrews.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_3203.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post
    Post 61, what are the green colored parts in that pic? Especially the squarish one on the right. I have one of those but it never occurred to me that it went with my 2D.
    First, thank you for posting photos of the ring!

Timbo beat me to the quill feed trip. It is necessary to remove it to install the Cherrying Attachment.

The smaller block is the Air Pump Check Valve and serves as the manifold for both your air and coolant pumps. It is mounted to a boss on the column about chest-high above the pumps. A hose screws into the small angled pipe thread hole, your coolant tube attaches to the hose, the tube is fished through a swivel block above the knee gauge, and said tube is then attached to the ring for which you supplied photos.

The pedestal on the left should have attached to it the numbered gauge for the Spindle Speed Indicator and also serves as the Pulley Adjustment Lock by way of a cam handle located at the top. It is upside-down in the photo.
    Last edited by W_Higgins; 06-18-2019 at 08:39 AM.

7. Likes ramsay1 liked this post