What's new
What's new

K&T 2HL PTO Coolant Drive Leak

Will McRay

Aluminum
Anyone with a 2HL, can you tell me if the shaft the drives the Coolant pump leak knee oil when spinning in the block mid point next to the rapid clutch? The rapids shaft does not leak. If leakage is normal, at what rate? I have posted on another site and got good gouge but only from one person.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine always has some oil on and around the coolant pump.
A few drops of oil present where the shafts exit the bottom of the block.
I wipe it up every few months.DSCN0534.jpgDSCN0535.jpg

K&T 2HL PTO Coolant Drive Leak

Leaked solved. Slowed input oil flow and made sure all ports are open and proper length bolts are where they need to be. With iso46 oil, no leaks. Ran at 1400 rpm for an hour and gtg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will, I’m having the same problem with the shaft leaking the transfer block. I took the block apart cleaned all the gears and I believe I I got all the passages cleaned, which helped, but it’s still leaking more than I’d like. How did you slow down the oil flow.

You have to make sure all the passages are open from the inlet to exit. I was also told to place a pipe cleaner in the inlet port to slow the inlet flow down. I took a pipe cleaner and folded it and twisted it together. Cut it down to fit in the oil passage. I had passages that were plugged up sealant. The backflow caused the leaks at the shaft. Once all was clear and I added the pipe cleaner, carefully placing sealant around the outer edges, the leaks stopped. The person that walked through this works on K&Ts and was/is a great wealth of knowledge.

Hope this helps you.

Will

Back