What's new
What's new

K&T 2k knee not feeding up & down

Craigmno1

Plastic
Hi, I have acquired my first milling machine. All in all it is in pretty good shape. Outside of needing all the oils flushed and filled everything works except the power feed for the knee. When the lever is moved to the down position I can hold it and the knee will feed down. Lever will not move to the up position. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. I have a k&t 2k serial # 29-3303 any part diagrams and operating manuals would be great as well.

Thanks

Craig

Thanks, the website must be down or something. I've been trying for two days to get on that site.

Thanks again

Craig

Can email 2KM manual if you want to Private Message me that address. It might be better than none at all

Last edited:
Thanks, vintage machinery site up & running again. Found manual & parts catalog that were printed in 1950. Hope it's good enough even though my machine was built in 1941. Any info on changes between these years from the extremely knowledgeable members here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Craig

A place to start in that parts book is page 14 - parts 104 and 105 - you can open the door on that side and see the shafts heading on down from the input pulley area

Page 15 says 104 is the feed drive shaft - if he isn't turning with spindle running, the problem is the top of that shaft and what drives it

Thanks, vintage machinery site up & running again. Found manual & parts catalog that were printed in 1950. Hope it's good enough even though my machine was built in 1941. Any info on changes between these years from the extremely knowledgeable members here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Craig

Back