What's new
What's new

K&T 2K parking attachment installation question

hawkfan9

Hot Rolled
I'm hoping for some help with what hardware change, if any, I need to mount a parking attachment I acquired for my 2K universal mill. The top mounting steel flange is thicker than the nuts for locking down the overarms, and once mounted using the existing hardware, I don't think I could get a socket on it to lock them down after any adjustment.

If someone could post a picture of what they have (doesn't have to be a 2K....and Kearney and Trecker parking attachment should suffice) and how it's mounted, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here's the head I'm using, which is a fantastic high speed universal head with the 5:3 speed ratio. 40 NMTB taper.

Thanks in advance.

face milling.jpg

Does this help?
98caf17de8e7c7507fb0827efa7d9a97.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I already have that diagram. I am hoping for some photo's and/or sizes of the parts needed to be able to lock the overarms. The current studs in the mill aren't going to work with the parking attachment in place. Not long enough, and the nuts wouldn't be able to be turned.

Thanks, I already have that diagram. I am hoping for some photo's and/or sizes of the parts needed to be able to lock the overarms. The current studs in the mill aren't going to work with the parking attachment in place. Not long enough, and the nuts wouldn't be able to be turned.
2h plain with similar type of parking attachment and std hi speed head as yours.. Had to make two long nuts, harden them, and blacken them.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Attachments

• 20201102_070757.jpg
    20201102_070757.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanks for the input, Ramsay1. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing in light of someone telling me why it wouldn't work.

I have some 4140 drops that I think would be perfect for this.

Thanks for the input, Ramsay1. That's exactly what I was thinking of doing in light of someone telling me why it wouldn't work.

I have some 4140 drops that I think would be perfect for this.

YVW! I just made mine big enough to fill the slot on the parking attachment and they work just fine.. Hope it works out for you... Cheers! Ramsay 1:)

Back