Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by johnoder View Post
    If the one in the foreground turns out to be a 5" wide B&S I'd be interested in having it

Never mind - just read that its a #1, which is less than 5" wide
    The body of vice is indeed 4" and with jaws extended out to about 4 1/8" to 4 1/4" total. I wasn't looking to sell, but its not absolutely dear to me that I need to keep it either, if it completes someone's special project.

A couple things of no use to me are at least the back plates, and maybe the 12" 4 jaw. Both have L1, I believe, backplates, at 6" external thread OD.

The 3 jaw I wanted to hold work on a mill table, be it attached to a rotary table or whatever. Knocking the back plate off is pretty straight forward.

The 4 jaw I thought I'd use as back up, or for larger work on my big lathe that takes a D1-6. Looking at it, maybe the backplate is a bit more integral to the chuck than just a back plate, not sure, haven't tore that style down before.

The back plates need to be cleaned up if usable. 4 jaw to the left, 3 jaw to the right of pic.

76.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

The body of vice is indeed 4"
    I'd like to find a #2 "top" - I have the whole bottom end of a #2 angle / swivel essentially untouched - the one that has the bolt on side braces - I see the 1913 catalog has a real name for it - Toolmaker's Universal

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Different auction, but curious if anyone here got anything from an auction Hutchinson Hayes Separation Inc in Houston yesterday ? Or watched and saw some prices. It was a live auction on bidspotter, hosted by Harris Auctions.

4. Likes TexasAggie liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tried lazily to snipe the 20x120 pacemaker. No dice. Was very clean

6. Likes texasgunsmith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Tried lazily to snipe the 20x120 pacemaker. No dice. Was very clean
    If I recall, the Pacemaker went for $1300, though I couldn't guess at the rigging cost.

Though I'm registered at bidspoter I don't look at every email I get from them. Had another member here pm me about it the day prior to auction. No time for me to really prep, plus I'm kind of stacked up on machines till I clear some space.

I did bid on maybe 50 something smaller items though . Just looking for cheap and easy steals. Won 3, a Rockford table top drill press, an 18" Troyke rotary table, and one of 90 degree spindle attachments for a Bridgeport. All told, they were paid and inside my truck for just inside $500.

I was really surprised some of the high prices tooling went for. I forget now but mics and such went really high. Two that caught my eye were two Starrett No 199's, both went for over $500 a piece. Seemed high for used, and at an auction. But a good deal of the tooling went high like that.

8. Likes TexasAggie liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by texasgunsmith View Post
    If I recall, the Pacemaker went for $1300, though I couldn't guess at the rigging cost.

Though I'm registered at bidspoter I don't look at every email I get from them. Had another member here pm me about it the day prior to auction. No time for me to really prep, plus I'm kind of stacked up on machines till I clear some space.

I did bid on maybe 50 something smaller items though . Just looking for cheap and easy steals. Won 3, a Rockford table top drill press, an 18" Troyke rotary table, and one of 90 degree spindle attachments for a Bridgeport. All told, they were paid and inside my truck for just inside $500.

I was really surprised some of the high prices tooling went for. I forget now but mics and such went really high. Two that caught my eye were two Starrett No 199's, both went for over $500 a piece. Seemed high for used, and at an auction. But a good deal of the tooling went high like that.

Wow that’s surprising. Sounds like you did pretty damn good at that auction