What's new
What's new

K & T Machine Tool Documentation

K&T_Journeyman79

Aluminum
On Wednesday, October 6th, I attended the annual K & T Retiree and Former Employee luncheon in Milwaukee, WI. Ninety-one (91) former K & T employees attended ranging in age from 60 to 90+. These former employees represented every area from Sales to Engineering, Machine Operators to Assemblers, and Programmers to Field Service. It was a great time to see all these old timers recall all their personal stories from their careers at K & T.

One of the last employees, when the K & T plant closed in 1993, saved old documentation from being thrown into the trash. I brought home five (5) boxes of manuals, brochures, photos, slides, memorandums, newspaper clipping, etc. I plan on posting some of this information on [url=http://www.vintagemachinery.org) in the near future. Duplicate or non-applicable documentation will given to the West Allis (WI) Historical Society.

I also visited the West Allis (WI) Historical Society on Tuesday, October 5th. They have a display of K & T memorabilia and photographs. In the basement they have a library of old K & T manuals, brochures, and photos available for review. If you are ever in the Milwaukee area, stop by and see this K & T display.

Steve

That is seriously cool! I wish there were some way to gather even a small percentage of the knowledge and experience from a group like that before it all fades away...thank you for doing your part!

Back