What's new
What's new

K&T Milwaukee Comparison Chart?

TMS8C8

Cast Iron
I'm driving myself crazy trying to find this really wonderful PDF I had for awhile. As I recall, it was a hand-drafted table (versus type-set) that provided a wealth of information for the various models of milling machine. It was not a flashy sales brochure, just a 2-3 page document that gave dimensions, weight, spindle taper, spindle HP, etc. for each size in the H and K series (or maybe it was the CH and CK, don't remember). Anyone here know what I'm talking about? Even better, do they know where I can download it? I've been going through the Vintage Machinery website but, short of clicking every one of the 300+ files, I don't know what else to do! It may have been shared by someone here several years ago. I don't remember.

I currently own a 3H/3CH Universal mill (the body casting says 3H but the speed selector and drive appear to be from a CH) but I have a lead on a 3K. I know the 3K is heavier with more power at the spindle and larger table. I was wondering if the over-arms were the same diameter, though. That table would be so handy for this kind of quick comparison...

Have '39 and '40 catalog and also '57

3K was in 1940 - Plain, Unversal, Vertical respectively - 7800, 8250, and 8500

As of 1957 there was no K or CK, but the similar 4CH would have been 9250, 9600, and 10400

Both my '39 and '40 full line catalogs have the "hand drafted" pages - at least to the machine itself

3K and 3CK have much larger over arms - same as on 4H, and 4CH

Thanks John - that's what I figured. I always heard the "K" series was built on the casting for the next size larger, so a 3K would have 4H over arms.

Back