What's new
What's new

Is this a K&T overarm attachment (Bridgeport Head)? K&T 3 & 4 Horizontal Mill

thmachine1

Aluminum
Is this a K&T overarm attachment (Bridgeport Head)? K&T 3 & 4 Horizontal Mill

Hello All,

I acquired something rather interesting the other day in a pile of auction wins. I have no use for this as it will not fit any of my machines.

Looking to find it a good home... The overarm holes measure 5" diameter, and outside to outside dimension is 11-1/4". Some sort of attachment to retrofit your horizontal mill with a Bridgeport vertical head. According to the dimensions it should fit the following K&T's:

3KM Plain
3KM Universal
3K Plain
3K Universal
4H Plain
4H Universal

Has any one seen one of these before???

Pictures attached
K&T4.jpgK&T2.jpg

Thanks!

Ya I have seen that before , but the one I had was for a 1H-2HL. I have a 3K , what would you want for it ? Mike

2017-12-14 15.40.13.jpg2017-12-14 15.40.25.jpg2017-12-14 15.40.35.jpgHere they are I actually had 2 of them 1 with the double hole for 2 heads and 1 with just one through hole for a M head. I had thought a while back that they were actual K&T attachments for aftermarket heads but I did find that they were Bridgeport fixtures for K&T mills. Sold the 2HL and 1H off and they went with them. Like I said I am interested in yours as I have a 3K universal. Mike

@Ramsay1 - Thank you, that definitely looks just like it! Appreciate the attached literature. Always nice looking at documents on vintage machinery website

@romie24 - Personal message me with offer if you are interested. I have no clue what the value of this piece would be. Might be worth double checking the measurements of your overarm supports. If you need any specific dimensions other then the ones I posted above, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone else who contributed, especially the prompt responses!

@Ramsay1 - Thank you, that definitely looks just like it! Appreciate the attached literature. Always nice looking at documents on vintage machinery website

@romie24 - Personal message me with offer if you are interested. I have no clue what the value of this piece would be. Might be worth double checking the measurements of your overarm supports. If you need any specific dimensions other then the ones I posted above, please let me know.

Thanks to everyone else who contributed, especially the prompt responses!

YVW! Thagedorn.. I enjoy this site and contributing what I can.. It is great that folks like us can meet here and chat, and help each other.. Cheers; Ramsay 1;)

This Bridgeport / K&T attachment has found a good home. Thanks to everyone who helped bring clarity to what this item is.

Back