What's new
What's new

K&T Rack Cutting Attachment

drom68

Cast Iron
I picked up a 2CH with a few attachments, the one that surprised me was the Rack Cutting Attachment. It is missing a few things and I don't have the drive gear for it.

Looking for any information on this attachment. I'll post pics of the vertical head, rotary table with drive, lead attachment, and dividing head.

Attachments

• IMG_2585.jpg
    IMG_2585.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_2586.jpg
    IMG_2586.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 390
'57 catalog has a tiny picture of the milling head as in your first photo and refers you to Bulletin CA-18

Same bit of info says its driven by a splined drive collar bolted to spindle nose

'57 catalog has a tiny picture of the milling head as in your first photo and refers you to Bulletin CA-18

Same bit of info says its driven by a splined drive collar bolted to spindle nose

Thanks.

Here are a few more pics. The rack cutting attachment is a two piece deal. It does have a splined drive and the bottom is where you can the how the final drive is set up.

Included are the rotary table and side drive attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpg
    IMG_2588.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_2590.jpg
    IMG_2590.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2592.jpg
    IMG_2592.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2587.jpg
    IMG_2587.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 196
Wow your rotab has the directional lever still attached.. Somewhere in the world there is a big pile of rotab handles and vertical head drive gears just waiting to be discovered lol... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Nice score. :cheers:
Other than the pictures in the books, this is the first rack milling attachment I’ve seen. Do you have the rack indexing attachment for the table to go along with it? In post#1 picture 2, what is the other attachment?

Nice score. :cheers:
Other than the pictures in the books, this is the first rack milling attachment I’ve seen. Do you have the rack indexing attachment for the table to go along with it? In post#1 picture 2, what is the other attachment?

Same here. Didn't realize what it was until I got home and really looked at it. The other attachment is a light vertical head attachment. So far I have been able to find, Vertical Head Attachment, Slotting Attachment, Light Vertical Head Attachment, Rotary Table, Two dividing heads with tailstocks, Two table drives, one Low lead Attachment(I think), Two Table to overarm support brackets, and a 2CH and one 2H milling machines.

All the attachments have the drive gears. I was surprised to find all this plus a bunch of arbors. All three machines are 50 taper.

Thanks! Very helpful.

Same here. Didn't realize what it was until I got home and really looked at it. The other attachment is a light vertical head attachment. So far I have been able to find, Vertical Head Attachment, Slotting Attachment, Light Vertical Head Attachment, Rotary Table, Two dividing heads with tailstocks, Two table drives, one Low lead Attachment(I think), Two Table to overarm support brackets, and a 2CH and one 2H milling machines.

All the attachments have the drive gears. I was surprised to find all this plus a bunch of arbors. All three machines are 50 taper.

Thanks! Very helpful.

All the attachments have drive gears? Wow usually some trunk monkey throws them in the scrap and they are never seen again.. Great find! Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

All the attachments have drive gears? Wow usually some trunk monkey throws them in the scrap and they are never seen again.. Great find! Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

I'll grab some pics of all the items, just need to find some time. Some of it is pretty dirty as I just picked them up. I'm working on setting up a work station for the mill. I use the 2CH more than I realize I would. I have done a lot of drilling and some boring straight from the spindle. Makes life easy on some jobs. Still use the vertical milling machines, but its actually a time saver to use the horizontal at times.

Back