Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kearney Trecker 2D "Retaining Nut"

Well it's been several years since I've posted on here but I've got a question about my 2D and can't find an answer. I've been using the few K&T 20 collets that I got with the machine but I've been meaning to make up an adapter to use ER32 collets. Long story short, I've got a bit of time on my hands. My 2D is in Missouri and I'm now in New Hampshire. It's going to be at least 6 months before I can move the machine out here but in the meantime I thought I would make my adapter.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take measurements the last time I was with the mill. Does anyone have specifics on the spindle thread? I basically want to make a new retaining nut so I can fit a NT30/ER32 adapter to the spindle. I just don't know the diameter or pitch of that retaining nut that holds the K&T collet adapter in place.

Hopefully I'm making sense here - anyone have a 2D and can take a few measurements for me?

Post Thanks / Like

I probably don't recall correctly, but maybe 2 250-16?

I would sure get a confirmation from someone that still had their machine - with thread mic or over wires
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcp_0221.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TMS8C8 View Post
    Well it's been several years since I've posted on here but I've got a question about my 2D and can't find an answer. I've been using the few K&T 20 collets that I got with the machine but I've been meaning to make up an adapter to use ER32 collets. Long story short, I've got a bit of time on my hands. My 2D is in Missouri and I'm now in New Hampshire. It's going to be at least 6 months before I can move the machine out here but in the meantime I thought I would make my adapter.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take measurements the last time I was with the mill. Does anyone have specifics on the spindle thread? I basically want to make a new retaining nut so I can fit a NT30/ER32 adapter to the spindle. I just don't know the diameter or pitch of that retaining nut that holds the K&T collet adapter in place.

Hopefully I'm making sense here - anyone have a 2D and can take a few measurements for me?

I measured 2.24ish x 12 tpi.

Just over the threads with a possibly questionable dial caliper and operator, so 2-1/4 x 12 looks like the correct thread for mine.

Tim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2d-nut-pitch-003.jpg   2d-spindle-thread.jpg   2d-spindle-calipers.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John and Tim! I'll try 2.25 - 12 and we'll see how it works out

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks John and Tim! I'll try 2.25 - 12 and we'll see how it works out
    Glad to help. PM me if you'd like any other dimension checks.

Tim

Country
    MALTA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you made the adaptor to er32 collets?
    Can i have your help?

Thanks

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

TMS8C8 - If you send me a PM, I will send you the K & T drawings of the spindle collar and collet bushing. Thanks.