What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker 2HL on Craigslist

Hey I’ll sell mine for half that and deliver free within 3 hrs of DC. But you gotta repaint it yerself.

2hl

Wow I wonder what I could get for mine with complete low lead attachment (with all gear sets), two vertical heads, one slotting attachment, arbor supports, arm brace, etc etc.. Think I'll hang on to it unless doctor bills get excessive in the future... Cheers Ramsay 1:)

Yes, on the outside it would seem pricey. But this machine is very well equipped and would appear to be in pretty good condition.
Yes, it's a old mechanical mill, Try pricing out a new machine that would do the same thing with the build quality of a K&T.
That said we have several of them in the same building as the super high dollar CNC mills. You can tie up a 150,000 dollar milling center blowing out a gear or set up the old K&T universal and blow out that same gear, granted it will take a little longer.
All of a sudden 10 grand does not sound all that bad...…………….

Wow I wonder what I could get for mine with complete low lead attachment (with all gear sets), two vertical heads, one slotting attachment, arbor supports, arm brace, etc etc.. Think I'll hang on to it unless doctor bills get excessive in the future... Cheers Ramsay 1:)

Copy that. I have a 2CHL in a similar condition with a lot more attachments. I’d probably want more than what he’s asking for but it’s not going anywhere. The BP will be long gone before my little K&T goes anywhere.

Think I'll sit on mine for awhile.. Maybe I should tell the wife in case I croak....She'll give it to the scrap man to get rid of it....Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

We may be in the same boat, I tease my wife that when I turned my last part in this world, my business will continue, but my home machine shop will be a dollar a box.

We may be in the same boat, I tease my wife that when I turned my last part in this world, my business will continue, but my home machine shop will be a dollar a box.

Well put....When I think of what I paid for most of that stuff and the crazy prices they ask for some of it today, I am totally shocked...Well I guess it is like a friend of mine once said: "Ain't nothin' worth nothin' till somebody wants it"... Glad to know that the younger generation has so much more money than I did back then but I suspect they are not using money but more likely credit... Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

I just wish I had bought this machine at the auction when I had a chance. Oh well.

Yeah I got mine at a federal auction....It came from the Navy and had no arbor supports or other stuff that was probably thrown in the scrap because nobody knew what it was for...I know from factory records that it was shipped in 1943 with all arbor supports, arm brace, model h dividing head and foot stock.. I paid $400 dollars for it and all feeds, speeds, pumps worked but it was wired for 440. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Back