What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker Dividing Head Tailstock ID

I think I saw that one on ebay awhile back.. Sure looks like a model H foot stock... Can you find any numbers on it? Looks like some trunk monkey may have milled it off..Ramsay 1:)

ramsay1 not to high jack this thread, but I would like to thank you for donating the 2D movie posted on You Tube.
I would like to know if anyone else made a comparable machine? I find it a fascinating machine. Thanks Ron

Hello, Looks very similar to our H & K tailstocks. The photo is of the H, both have serial number under the center. Maybe a different vintage, the handle looks the same. Also photo of a center rest we made. Regards, Earl001_01.JPG002_01.JPG003_01.JPG004_01.JPG

The "K" footstock is a bit different... One thing about the K is that the centerline is offset from the center of the table slot.. I would think the "K" footstock would be peculiar to that.. Ramsay 1:)

ramsay1 not to high jack this thread, but I would like to thank you for donating the 2D movie posted on You Tube.
I would like to know if anyone else made a comparable machine? I find it a fascinating machine. Thanks Ron

I am glad that I could share that video.. I got it many years ago from a guy I knew who worked at K&T...I also donated one on the Tri D milling head.. I got that one as a 16mm film and had it professionally transferred.. I have done that as well as shared many manuals on Keith Rucker's vintagemachinery.org so that they will live on...I want everyone to enjoy the use of this data.. I would imagine that after I am gone much of this along with the machines I own will be tossed out.. I do not know of anyone who made a dedicated machine such as the 2d .. Ramsay 1:)

The "K" footstock is a bit different... One thing about the K is that the centerline is offset from the center of the table slot.. I would think the "K" footstock would be peculiar to that.. Ramsay 1:)

Yes sir - and different between the sizes. Like the 12" is 1/2" and the 14" is more than that.

Ten and 12 inch offset= .500

Fourteen inch offset = .880

Model K footstock should be the same for ten and twelve inch as is the dividing head foot print..

I bought a 14 inch model K once and it was just too big for my machines.. I sold it and always wanted a ten or twelve inch K.. Ramsay 1:)

Back