What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker model AC-24

sparky1015

Plastic
First off I am new to the forum I am in the process of buying a Kearney & Trecker model AC-24 3lp -24 horizontal mill serial 4-6392 does anyone know anything about these ? would there be any reason i wouldn't be able to use a dividing head and tailstock on the mill table ? also does anyone know the weight of this mill? any input on this would be appreciated Thanks

Thanks for the input johnoder and for pointing out the limited cross slide travel I hadn't gave much thought to that but it does make sense the guy said the table was 14". pretty wide for a smaller machine .He also said he estimates the machine weighs 2500 lbs that seems a little light to me ? I think it will weigh a little more than that

3250 approximately in 1957 catalog for AC-24

Thanks for the input johnoder and for pointing out the limited cross slide travel I hadn't gave much thought to that but it does make sense the guy said the table was 14". pretty wide for a smaller machine .He also said he estimates the machine weighs 2500 lbs that seems a little light to me ? I think it will weigh a little more than that

I just purchased as AC24 ser no.2-6719. When I tried to unscrew the drawbar I found that the nut turned without anything happening. Then I discovered the taper pin in the nut was sheared. I have been unable to turn the drawbar and tapping it on the end with a hammer does nothing. I cannot find a parts diagram for this machine. Does anyone know how the drawbar is removed from this machine?

The pinned nut does not loosen it, the one closer to the machine does (the one with the pilot diameter). You can loosen that one by holding the spindle from turning

When you get it backed off about a turn or two, WHACK the end to loosen the taper - and unscrew the draw bar the rest of the way to remove spindle tooling. (hold on to same so it does not fall down on ways. etc)

draw in.jpg

Back