What's new
What's new

Kearney & Trecker question

dana gear

Hot Rolled
I currently own a Kearney & Trecker model K-2. The over arms are 4.125 diameter and the width of the back dove is 12 inches wide, 50 taper.
There is a K&T vertical head for sale that came off a K&T model CK3 in another state, my question is will a CK3 vertical head attachment work on my K&T model K2

I currently own a Kearney & Trecker model K-2. The over arms are 4.125 diameter and the width of the back dove is 12 inches wide, 50 taper.
There is a K&T vertical head for sale that came off a K&T model CK3 in another state, my question is will a CK3 vertical head attachment work on my K&T model K2

This book categorizes drive brackets for various machines....See if the two machines you are considering fall in the same column...

Kearney & Trecker Co. - Publication Reprints - K&T Replacement Parts Manual for Milling Head & Accessories | VintageMachinery.org

The heads can vary usually by drive bracket configuration...

Ramsay 1:)

Thanks Ramsay, you're the greatest.

I see that a 3csm (20) is in the same column as my 310. Do you happen to know if a 3csm(20) and 3csm(30) have the same width of ways that the knee travels on?

No sorry ... Check with Vintage Machinery in the K&T section.. Maybe someone else posted it..Ramsay 1:)

A slightly later example (1957 - when CSM was no longer offered) shows the TF 320 and TF 330 differing by 2000 lbs - suggesting a somewhat larger machine.

I see that a 3csm (20) is in the same column as my 310. Do you happen to know if a 3csm(20) and 3csm(30) have the same width of ways that the knee travels on?

Back