What's new
What's new

Kearney Trecker, Table trip dogs

dana gear

Hot Rolled
Can anybody take a couple of pictures of the Table trip dogs used on a K&T K-2 plain horizontal mill.
There is a right side, Part number 2KQ80 and left side part number 2KQ74.
I have searched the web with no real good view of the dogs, also some basic measurements would be great.
We can build them we just need to see what they should look like and there size.
Thanks

Not sure that link worked. It was to a print for the trips on the yahoo group Kearney & Trecker in files section, compliments i believe of the ever helpful Mike(Ramsay 1)on this board.

Not sure that link worked. It was to a print for the trips on the yahoo group Kearney & Trecker in files section, compliments i believe of the ever helpful Mike(Ramsay 1)on this board.

As I recall, I posted prints of trip dogs for the periphery of the rotary head on a 2d tool and die mill.. I don't think I ever had drawings of dogs for a 2k horizontal...Surely someone on this forum has a 2k and can measure their dogs.. I think Steve Summers on Youtube has a 2k but not positive.... I know this is unrelated but I do know that trip dogs for 2h and 2hl will interchange.. Cheers; Ramsay 1:)

Hi all,
Still trying to find someone out there that can provide the basic measurements of the right/left table trip dogs on the 2K.
I found a set available from a K&T used parts supplier but they want over six hundred dollars and was told they have some damage to them.
I have searched all over for 2K table stop prints with no avail. the two machines we have are missing them, never had them during the time we have owned them. I Found a shop that has a K&T K2 in the next town over from us but it was missing the stops as well, go figure.
Thanks.

A 2K, 3H & 3CH have the same table ends and the same over arm sizes. I’d go out on a limb and say the table trips are the same too. Unfortunately, mine are missing on my 3CH. There’s a good chance I’ll be a lot more help this weekend.

Table trips for a 3CH & 2CHL are the same so my money says your 2K uses the same part. I know you guys are having some crazy stuff with all the fires but if you’re still getting mail, I’ve shipped parts to PM members all over the country to copy. So far, everything has worked out perfectly.:D

If you’d like, I’d be willing to send a set for you to copy. I have to ship some parts to another member this week so shoot me a PM if you’re interested. I’ll try to find the time to make a sketch but I’m in a race against winter over here....Non-stop rain and it’s already starting to snow. :eek:

Andy

Table trips for a 3CH & 2CHL are the same so my money says your 2K uses the same part. I know you guys are having some crazy stuff with all the fires but if you’re still getting mail, I’ve shipped parts to PM members all over the country to copy. So far, everything has worked out perfectly.:D

If you’d like, I’d be willing to send a set for you to copy. I have to ship some parts to another member this week so shoot me a PM if you’re interested. I’ll try to find the time to make a sketch but I’m in a race against winter over here....Non-stop rain and it’s already starting to snow. :eek:

Andy

Andy, aka Hobby Shop, Thank you so very much for your detailed prints of the K&T table stop dogs.
We fabricated the left and right according to your prints , installed them of the K-2 and they work perfect.
Mike.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpg
    IMG_3723.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 99

Back