What's new
What's new

Kearney and Trecker vertical head drive gear

ramsay1

Titanium
Hello everyone: I recently scored a nice drive gear for a heavy duty swivel head vertical head for I think a 2k or 3h size of horizontal mill... The gear is six inches in diameter, 35 teeth 7dp.. Does anyone have that particular set up or any of the comparable setups for the 2k or 3h class of machine? Would like to verify the gear I have.. Thanks; Ramsay 1:)

I’ll compare it against mine tonight. I have 3CH with vertical head but I’m not 100% sure if it’s the HD or standard attachment.

Andy

Keith Rucker Drive Gear

Keith Rucker just did a video with a new drive head for his K and T. I think his machine is a #3 but don't know if the gear is the same. Dave
Hello: yes, I saw Keith's vid and the gear he could not use looks much like the one I recently scored.. I messaged Keith on FB but no reply yet... I may email him.. Cheers from hot Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

Ramsay,
First post from me, but I've been lurking PM for the past 12 years.
To answer your question, I have 2K horizontal with the Heavy Duty Swivel Head. Serial of the head is 3 over 9150.
The mating gear is 6" OD, 1-1/4" thick, 35 teeth and is 7DP. Serial is 7 over 5544. No need for gear spacing rings as the Heavy duty head locates with the over arms.
Finally a chance to contribute to the PM Forum.
Hurdman

It took me a little longer to remove the vertical head without the parking attachment. :angry:
Just to add to what Hurdman posted.

The vertical head on my 3CH is the HD attachment.
Gear and HD Head serial numbers match. 11/7692
35 teeth
OD 6.110”
7DP
1.285” thick

Andy

It took me a little longer to remove the vertical head without the parking attachment. :angry:
Just to add to what Hurdman posted.

The vertical head on my 3CH is the HD attachment.
Gear and HD Head serial numbers match. 11/7692
35 teeth
OD 6.110”
7DP
1.285” thick

Andy

Thank you very much! I thought it fit the 2k 3h class of machine with most of the heavy duty attachments.....I got it for a song but don't have a machine it will fit... Maybe I will live long enough to maybe get a bigger machine or maybe I will just put it in stock as a bargaining chip.. Probably when I croak, it will go in the scrap with the rest of my stuff... Cheers from hot Louisiana.. Ramsay 1:)

Vertical Head Drive Gear

Thanks for the info everyone! I checked dimensions on the gear I recently acquired and the numbers check out... This gear appears to be part # 21664 in this parts book: Kearney & Trecker Co. - Publication Reprints - Standard Attachments for Knee Type Milling Machines - Manual | VintageMachinery.org..

This gear with the mating gear, part #21663 appear in many of the vertical heads for the larger K and H series...

The book above gives part numbers and is much easier to see which parts fit which head.. Thanks again everyone.. Cheers from hot Louisiana.. Ramsay 1:)

Back