Kearny Tracker 2HL age and best way to lift? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the lugs, maybe you can drill and tap for a socket head screw on each side..Is the gear hardened? File hard? Find a socket head screw that is close to the slot size in the spindle or maybe that can be machined to fit...... Kinda like Keith Fenner has on the spindle of his 2hl but in reverse...Just a thought.. Cheers; Ramsay 1

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Got brave last night while continuing the cleaning. I was working the power feeds in each axis and crept up on the limit stops to see if they worked correctly. Other than cleaning out some lesser used sections of travel which were sticky, it's doing its job just fine to keep me from crashing into the hard stops.

I also stuck my hands as far as I could into the coolant sump and stirred the muck, not a pleasant place, but not foul like when I scrubbed out the one in my current lathe. That one reeked to high heaven and I had to use a concentrated water soluble cleaner that was made to kill the bacterial growth. It took days to finally kill the stench. Not an experience I would care to repeat.

Mark

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Crank View Post
    Got brave last night while continuing the cleaning. I was working the power feeds in each axis and crept up on the limit stops to see if they worked correctly. Other than cleaning out some lesser used sections of travel which were sticky, it's doing its job just fine to keep me from crashing into the hard stops.

I also stuck my hands as far as I could into the coolant sump and stirred the muck, not a pleasant place, but not foul like when I scrubbed out the one in my current lathe. That one reeked to high heaven and I had to use a concentrated water soluble cleaner that was made to kill the bacterial growth. It took days to finally kill the stench. Not an experience I would care to repeat.

Mark

Light bodied cutting oil for the coolant sump of your K&T after all the dead animals are retrieved and sump sanitized and put the stink factor to rest forever... Just add oil every few years as the level drops... Ramsay 1
    Last edited by ramsay1; 07-08-2019 at 07:40 AM.

4. Likes Ohio Mike liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Redecorating!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now to fill in all of the empty spaces with the rest of the stuff I moved into the driveway. Don't worry, I'll have everything leveled before I do.

Mark

P.S. May be obvious to many, but I had no idea the solvent resistant layer of scum on my Bridgeport was actually fossilized water based coolant. For years I was puzzled why it was impossible to get it clean. Today, about an hour and a bucket of soapy water and it looks pretty good now

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow mine use to be clean like that once upon a time.. Oil will stain your paint as well....Funny ... When you get them all cleaned up, they look really nice. Somewhat of a shame to use them and get them dirty again.. Ramsay 1