What's new
What's new

Le blond lathe 19 x 54 servo-shift

smallfly

Aluminum
GENTLEMEN---i have used this lathe as a hobby machine for approx. 6 years. the servo- shift feature did not work when i purchased the lathe, which, is no surprise to anyone here, but it sure as hell was to me. beware of ''used''machine ''sales people.''trust but verify''.
i made a lot of phone calls to leblond and studied a lot of elec. diagrams and asked a lot of questions of quite a few people. and did a lot of work before i was able to get everything working properly,and for the last 6 years the ''servo-shift has ,and does, function as it was designed to do.it works well! i believe i could, at one point, '' written the ''BOOK'' on the operation of the servo--shift.

6 years later, i have lost my ''FASCINATION'' with all this automatic gear changing, which was designed as a gizmo to sell more lathes and to get parts made faster in a factory setting.

iam going to carefully remove , photograph and box up , all the parts of this ''servo-shift ''add-on''. iam going to change this lathe to'' manual'' gear change, lathe. that's really all i wanted 6-yrs. ago.

to get to the point -the parts work well,all the parts are in one place, they are all for sale either as a complete unit or piece meal.

if you are interested in this or need help with a ''servo-shift'' quirk''. pm me or call me in mt. i will be happy to help if i can. re steve in montana --406-596-7960

Last edited:
Cruising this forum looking for K&T 2D help I stumbled across this thread. Did you finish your conversion? I did my Leblond 15" servo shift this week. Can't believe how easy it was. If you need any help let me know, but I'm sure you've got it figured out by now. I did the whole thing without any parts from Leblond.

You have caught my interest
I have a 13 and 15” servo models
I haven’t picked the 15 up yet but it sounds like the servo is out of commission
Being said, I would be in for some info on your conversion
Thanks, Randy

Back