What's new
What's new

Leblond 13" Heavy Duty Lathe

alcro1998

Cast Iron
I have recently found a local 13x30" Leblond Heavy Duty lathe for sale. The thing looks like Leblond tried to make a Monarch class lathe. The lathe looks to be really nice but I can not find any information on a late model 13" heavy duty. I only can find information on the 16" model and it is very scarce. I can't even find another picture of a 13" Leblond heavy duty.

It seems like there were 3 versions of the heavy duty line and the one I am looking at would be the newest version. I was wondering if anyone has used one of these and if they are up there with real Monarchs. I am trying to replace my 15x54" Cincinnati as it is too big for my space and although the Leblond is quite large it is short enough to fit where I originally wanted to place the Cincinnati. Ideally I would like a 13x30 Monarch model 61 but they seem to be quite difficult to come by and the Leblond has a better speed selection.

Any input would be appreciated! Thank you!

I have the 14" model built in 1953, its a nice machine maybe not a monarch but a good heavy lathe.I've been posting in the tooling for sale site here for a steady rest, hope yours has one, I would like to see it to get an idea what to look for.The speed range is excellent.

Back