What's new
What's new

Leblond heavy duty lathes

Biolog

Aluminum
I had a question about the LeBlond heavy duty series of lathes that I cannot seem to get a handle on. Was hoping to get a clearer picture if someone here can help out. I was wondering what the distinction was between models like the NK, NI, NFL, etc. I am referring to the final generation of the manual “super lathes”. Obviously they were all built like brick S#*@ houses, but what separated them? I assume one was a sliding bed model, but that is just a guess. Have done some digging around but maybe I missed it. :nutter:

Have you looked at Tony's web site?

Page Title

If you use Duckduckgo to search for online images, it is possible to make a informed guess as to what the the differences were between the lathe models.

Tony's images are for the NFL and NK series.

This dealer has a NFL series model:
LeBlond NFL in Holland, OH, USA

This dealer has a NK series model:
https://vanderzielmachinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/13984a.jpg

This dealer has a NI series model:
30" X 48" LEBLOND MODEL #NI HEAVY DUTY ENGINE LATHE: STOCK #68184

There are significant changes to the headstock design as the models progressed from the NI to the NK and finally to the NFL series.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I have checked out these pages but I do not think there is an explanation of the differences in the models that are referred to in the text. Maybe someone can shed a bit more light?

Sorry Robert, I did not move down to see the rest of your reply. I appreciate your digging up the different links with the models. I need to pay more attention!

Back