What's new
What's new

Looking at a LeBlond 19x60 servo shift

PilotMarky

Plastic
All,

I have found what appears to be a good deal on a LeBlond 19x60. Not sure of it’s age.

It seems a little loose, so would like to know if it will be reasonable to fix the backlash.

The feed along bed also is jumpy when traversing away from the chuck, and you can stop it by holding the handle. Towards the chuck it is fine.

Thoughts? Any insight will help me decide. It’s priced around $3k.

Thanks,

Mark

All,

I have found what appears to be a good deal on a LeBlond 19x60. Not sure of it’s age.

It seems a little loose, so would like to know if it will be reasonable to fix the backlash.

The feed along bed also is jumpy when traversing away from the chuck, and you can stop it by holding the handle. Towards the chuck it is fine.

Thoughts? Any insight will help me decide. It’s priced around $3k.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

A good first step is to isolate the component causing the feed issue (I assume it's carriage feed not threading?). When you put drag on the handwheel to stop the carriage is the lead screw stopping also or just the carriage?

Walter

Thank you for the replies! I went ahead and bought the machine, it was a good deal. I have been going through it and cleaning it up. Figured out the feed, and it's much better now. I took the compound and cross slides apart, got all the gibs sorted. I'm looking forward to cutting some metal. Tool post arrived today, now I need to get the T nut machined to fit my compound. Yesterday I discovered a wobbly servo shift gear where the weld broke free on the gear shaft, so fixed that. Everything else seems great.

Once I have it properly leveled, I'll run some accuracy checks on it. At some point it'll need new gibs depending on accuracy demands. They're not cheap!

Anybody know if any LeBlond gibs are interchangable? There are a couple from a 24" Regal on eBay right now.

Our 15" Regal has the part no. stamped on the compound gib, don't know if the c/slide does.If your gibs do then maybe a way to check the E-Bay ones.

Back