What's new
What's new

Looking for Milling Cutter Cabinet Drawer Posts/Studs/Arbors

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
I have an old Lista cabinet that was fitted with small red plastic posts for storing milling machine cutters. Unfortunately, due to age and abuse, many of them are broken or missing, and I'd like to find some replacements. I've tried the usual sources with no luck. Anyone know who made these, and if they're still available? Thanks.

Here's a sample image of how they're installed and used in the cabinet drawer. A thick sheet of plastic was installed between the studs and the metal drawer bottom to protect the edges of the milling cutters.
100_1483.jpg

And here's an image of one of the studs removed from the drawer. There's a small nut that retains the stud from the underside of the drawer.
100_1484.jpg

[Captain Obvious] You could whip up a bunch of them from delrin, never worry about them wearing out or breaking.

Thanks, Cap'n. Yes, I could make new ones from delrin, but I've got projects stacked up now, and am looking for the easy solution. :)

They were in the Lista cabinet catalog/configuration guide about 4-5 years ago.

Thanks! I found the pin holders that Lista offers (and the photo of the holders shows the red milling cutter studs in the background), but their website doesn't show the studs as still available. I'll dig up an older Lista catalog.

If the diameter is standard cutting up wooden dowel's is quick and easy.

Back