What's new
What's new

Milwaukee Model H horizontal Mill

tfuquajr

Aluminum
Looking for parts breakdown and have not been able to find it ?
Is it here somewhere ?
I found the serial # link looked up my machine its an August 1936 model
Ser.# 15-2050
The Y axis is jammed up somehow and I am trying to get to it I have removed the table but would really like to see some pics on how the rest is put together.
IMG_0463.jpgIMG_0464.jpgIMG_0465.jpg

Do you mean the knee or the saddle? In NC terms, the knee is Y and the saddle is Z.

Do you mean the knee or the saddle? In NC terms, the knee is Y and the saddle is Z.

Well I thought I replied to this must have missed the post button ?
Anyways
My table does not go in and out,away and towards the operator Y ? It goes up and down Z ? and left to right X ? I have removed the table and started removing other parts and pieces to access the screw for the Y axis(in and out) The table is only powered in the X axis all other movements are manual.
I will post some pics of my progress in the morning to see if anyone can give me some insight on how to get at the screw.

Sorry we're not much help. That 1H-18MFG is very much an odd duck, and very early too. Hopefully with some good photos we can help you out. The #1 thing I can say is have patience! Getting in a hurry never makes anything get easier and parts for this machine may be completely impossible to find other than making them.

Sorry we're not much help. That 1H-18MFG is very much an odd duck, and very early too. Hopefully with some good photos we can help you out. The #1 thing I can say is have patience! Getting in a hurry never makes anything get easier and parts for this machine may be completely impossible to find other than making them.

Thanks Mike I will get some more pics just didn't have time to work on it today. I'm not in any hurry I have 2 of these the broke one is an August 1936 and the other is a March 1947. The 47 is working great and I have several others as well so there's no rush to get this one done but on the other hand I don't want it to sit there from now on and have parts and nuts and bolts disappear and then me not remembering where they are all supposed to go.

Got a few pics of my progress,which has not been much. I am trying to remove the front cover where the saddle screw is located and not having any luck the cover is loose and it looks as if it should just slide free but it is still connected somehow to the screw where the crank handle attaches ?
IMG_0508.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0510.jpgIMG_0511.jpg

I get confused sometimes when trying to describe issues with my horizontal to people who only use vertical mills or just use the mathematical designations of X,Y,Z. Like my programming friends which can never see Z axis as anything but up/down.

Using CNC machines cures it quick because of the resulting mayhem of not getting them right. :D

So if it helps to get things across when describing this to people.

Z axis is always parallel to the machine tool spindle.

X axis is motion that is horizontal and parallel to the work holding surface.

Y axis is always perpendicular to both the X and Y axes.

There are obviously a bunch more permutations but that is the easiest. I looked at my copy of Moltrechts' Machine Shop Practice for his wording as I don't trust my writing skill to get it right. Has a couple great pictures of different machines as examples too. HBM, VTL, horizontal mills, lathes, etc. Great for the getting the less frequently used axes correct.

If this is offensively simple disregard it. Just trying to be helpful.

I get confused sometimes when trying to describe issues with my horizontal to people who only use vertical mills or just use the mathematical designations of X,Y,Z. Like my programming friends which can never see Z axis as anything but up/down.

Using CNC machines cures it quick because of the resulting mayhem of not getting them right. :D

So if it helps to get things across when describing this to people.

Z axis is always parallel to the machine tool spindle.

X axis is motion that is horizontal and parallel to the work holding surface.

Y axis is always perpendicular to both the X and Y axes.

There are obviously a bunch more permutations but that is the easiest. I looked at my copy of Moltrechts' Machine Shop Practice for his wording as I don't trust my writing skill to get it right. Has a couple great pictures of different machines as examples too. HBM, VTL, horizontal mills, lathes, etc. Great for the getting the less frequently used axes correct.

If this is offensively simple disregard it. Just trying to be helpful.
:nutter: I've got to study on this one :nutter:
No problem,Thanks for the clarification on X,Y,Z as I stated in other post I am not a machinists by trade so I welcome any and all education I can get. I amd just going by what I use on my Vertical Mill :)

clutches gone

where do you get clutch disc for a h model 1h-18mfg milling machine milaukue

How does the disc look? Is it worn really thin? Did you try adjusting your clutch? If you have the clutch apart, post some pix....

clutch worn bad so i made dis that works now but still leaking oil on plate behind pully

Back