What's new
What's new

Parting out a K&T 2HL

Hobby Shop

Stainless
Let me know if anyone needs any parts off a 2HL With the exception of the motor being weak, everything worked good. It has to go. No time and no space to store it.

Andy

Attachments

• 55AFFA40-27ED-4C87-A627-1EB77F6B7F47.jpg
    55AFFA40-27ED-4C87-A627-1EB77F6B7F47.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 310
Sorry to see it go, but how cross compatible are parts between this one and our 2H?

I could really use another coolant/oil pump. might be able to rebuild ours but having a spair would help.

Also the Hi/lo shift lever for the spindle (top lever) with the spring loaded handle.

Also if it has the cover for the table's PTO connections on the right, I'd be interested.

Does it have any arbor supports or attachments?

Sorry to see it go, but how cross compatible are parts between this one and our 2H?

I could really use another coolant/oil pump. might be able to rebuild ours but having a spair would help.

Also the Hi/lo shift lever for the spindle (top lever) with the spring loaded handle.

Also if it has the cover for the table's PTO connections on the right, I'd be interested.

Does it have any arbor supports or attachments?

I’d guess they’re fairly compatible because they are similar in size. I’m keeping the attachments for my 2CHL.

1) I do have an extra PTO cover. I’ll get pictures of it later today
2) the hi/low lever is already off. Can you measure from the handle center to the pin lock on your mill? I’ll compare it to this one.
3) I was going to keep the oil pump but if you need it and it fits your machine, it’s for sale. Get me overall the L-W-H and screw spacing on yours and I’ll compare it to this one.

I’d guess they’re fairly compatible because they are similar in size. I’m keeping the attachments for my 2CHL.

1) I do have an extra PTO cover. I’ll get pictures of it later today
2) the hi/low lever is already off. Can you measure from the handle center to the pin lock on your mill? I’ll compare it to this one.
3) I was going to keep the oil pump but if you need it and it fits your machine, it’s for sale. Get me overall the L-W-H and screw spacing on yours and I’ll compare it to this one.

Thanks!

My handle measures about 3 1/4" from center of shaft to center of pin hole.

My pump's still in the machine, but measures about 6" by 6" and about 3" from the surface of the base casting where it mounts to the highest point on the pump. The input shaft is about 5/8" diameter. It looks like it mounts off of 2 alignment pins on the right side that are 4 3/4" apart, and a bolt between them that's 3/4" from the front pin. It's still working but the pressure is terrible and it looks like it had a couple of hack-job rebuilds in the past.

Do you still have the OEM contactor box hanging off of the back of your mill? Mine's been smashed a few times and I'm looking at putting a new one on, but a good used one works too.

I'm going to dig a little deeper on my mill today. I know there's some mechanical wear throughout the machine so if I can identify an obviously worn gear or something, I'll let you know. I know that there's side play in the flywheel and shaft assembly in the column gearbox, but I'm not yet sure how many parts are effected. This mill is the only horizontal of ours that doesn't "break" when you disengage the spindle so I think people would just lean on the lever forcing the flywheel to push against other parts.

Thanks!

My handle measures about 3 1/4" from center of shaft to center of pin hole.

My pump's still in the machine, but measures about 6" by 6" and about 3" from the surface of the base casting where it mounts to the highest point on the pump. The input shaft is about 5/8" diameter. It looks like it mounts off of 2 alignment pins on the right side that are 4 3/4" apart, and a bolt between them that's 3/4" from the front pin. It's still working but the pressure is terrible and it looks like it had a couple of hack-job rebuilds in the past.

Do you still have the OEM contactor box hanging off of the back of your mill? Mine's been smashed a few times and I'm looking at putting a new one on, but a good used one works too.

I'm going to dig a little deeper on my mill today. I know there's some mechanical wear throughout the machine so if I can identify an obviously worn gear or something, I'll let you know. I know that there's side play in the flywheel and shaft assembly in the column gearbox, but I'm not yet sure how many parts are effected. This mill is the only horizontal of ours that doesn't "break" when you disengage the spindle so I think people would just lean on the lever forcing the flywheel to push against other parts.

I haven't forgot about you. I’ve been running around quoting dozer and backhoe work all over the place. I measured the hi/Lo handle and it will fit your machine.

If you guys can send me your email, I’ll get pictures sent tonight.

Don, There aren’t any table trips but there is one knee trip. The coolant tube is the same as my 2CHL.

Thanks!

I may have on if you're still in need. It is the full box with electrical. let me know.

Would you happen to know if 2HL's parts are common to the 2H vertical. I'm looking for the cross feed handle (y axis) x axis power feed handle. Also the power feed gears for the vertical splined shaft inside the right side cover on the machine base.
Thanks

[QUOTE Also, feed trip dogs]

Hi Don, There is a print for the feed dogs somewhere, will see if I can find it if you are interested. We made a pair using it for a 2H. I don't know if they are the same as for 2CL, but assume so. Regards, Earl

Would you happen to know if 2HL's parts are common to the 2H vertical. I'm looking for the cross feed handle (y axis) x axis power feed handle. Also the power feed gears for the vertical splined shaft inside the right side cover on the machine base.
Thanks

Greg, I’m going to take a shot and say yes. I sold some 2HL parts (handles, oil pump, splined shafts) and they all fit a 2H. Go to Vintage Machinery and get the part numbers and pictures of everything you need. I’m almost positive I still have what you’re looking for. There’s a lot going on in that power feed, clutch, bevel gears, splined shafts. Do you need the rapid handle too?

Everything will probably fit in a flat rate box so shipping would be inexpensive. If they don’t fit, just send them back.

Andy

Once you get the gears and such out you should find 5 digit part numbers lightly etched on them. These numbers are not the ones in the books. Good luch.

Andy
I'm attaching some pics and drawings. I've looked at the K&T parts manual drawings and the parts look identical between the 2h and the 2hl.
20180716_114317.jpg20180716_114422.jpg20180716_192408.jpg20180716_192631.jpg20180716_192843.jpg

Andy
I'm attaching some pics and drawings. I've looked at the K&T parts manual drawings and the parts look identical between the 2h and the 2hl.

I’m off Saturday so I’ll start getting all the parts together. I removed the feed box parts just before I loaded it on the trailer. :D Just to be clear, you need the X&Y handles and all the feed box parts. Send me a Pm with your email and I’ll get pictures of everything I have. If you can get a rough measurement the feed box, we’ll know right away if they’ll work.

The feed box is 6" tall and the major diameter is.875 on the splined shaft. I sent a pm to you with other info. The machine should be in my possession this coming Wednesday provided everything goes ok.

The feed box is 6" tall and the major diameter is.875 on the splined shaft. I sent a pm to you with other info. The machine should be in my possession this coming Wednesday provided everything goes ok.

Email sent. The box is 6” tall and the shaft is 7/8 on this machine too.

Back