Parting out a K&T 2HL
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default Parting out a K&T 2HL

    Let me know if anyone needs any parts off a 2HL With the exception of the motor being weak, everything worked good. It has to go. No time and no space to store it.

    Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 55affa40-27ed-4c87-a627-1eb77f6b7f47.jpg  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1306
    Likes (Received)
    839

    Default

    Sorry to see it go, but how cross compatible are parts between this one and our 2H?

    I could really use another coolant/oil pump. might be able to rebuild ours but having a spair would help.

    Also the Hi/lo shift lever for the spindle (top lever) with the spring loaded handle.

    Also if it has the cover for the table's PTO connections on the right, I'd be interested.

    Does it have any arbor supports or attachments?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    Sorry to see it go, but how cross compatible are parts between this one and our 2H?

    I could really use another coolant/oil pump. might be able to rebuild ours but having a spair would help.

    Also the Hi/lo shift lever for the spindle (top lever) with the spring loaded handle.

    Also if it has the cover for the table's PTO connections on the right, I'd be interested.

    Does it have any arbor supports or attachments?
    I’d guess they’re fairly compatible because they are similar in size. I’m keeping the attachments for my 2CHL.


    1) I do have an extra PTO cover. I’ll get pictures of it later today
    2) the hi/low lever is already off. Can you measure from the handle center to the pin lock on your mill? I’ll compare it to this one.
    3) I was going to keep the oil pump but if you need it and it fits your machine, it’s for sale. Get me overall the L-W-H and screw spacing on yours and I’ll compare it to this one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1306
    Likes (Received)
    839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Shop View Post
    I’d guess they’re fairly compatible because they are similar in size. I’m keeping the attachments for my 2CHL.


    1) I do have an extra PTO cover. I’ll get pictures of it later today
    2) the hi/low lever is already off. Can you measure from the handle center to the pin lock on your mill? I’ll compare it to this one.
    3) I was going to keep the oil pump but if you need it and it fits your machine, it’s for sale. Get me overall the L-W-H and screw spacing on yours and I’ll compare it to this one.
    Thanks!

    My handle measures about 3 1/4" from center of shaft to center of pin hole.

    My pump's still in the machine, but measures about 6" by 6" and about 3" from the surface of the base casting where it mounts to the highest point on the pump. The input shaft is about 5/8" diameter. It looks like it mounts off of 2 alignment pins on the right side that are 4 3/4" apart, and a bolt between them that's 3/4" from the front pin. It's still working but the pressure is terrible and it looks like it had a couple of hack-job rebuilds in the past.

    Do you still have the OEM contactor box hanging off of the back of your mill? Mine's been smashed a few times and I'm looking at putting a new one on, but a good used one works too.

    I'm going to dig a little deeper on my mill today. I know there's some mechanical wear throughout the machine so if I can identify an obviously worn gear or something, I'll let you know. I know that there's side play in the flywheel and shaft assembly in the column gearbox, but I'm not yet sure how many parts are effected. This mill is the only horizontal of ours that doesn't "break" when you disengage the spindle so I think people would just lean on the lever forcing the flywheel to push against other parts.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    Thanks!

    My handle measures about 3 1/4" from center of shaft to center of pin hole.

    My pump's still in the machine, but measures about 6" by 6" and about 3" from the surface of the base casting where it mounts to the highest point on the pump. The input shaft is about 5/8" diameter. It looks like it mounts off of 2 alignment pins on the right side that are 4 3/4" apart, and a bolt between them that's 3/4" from the front pin. It's still working but the pressure is terrible and it looks like it had a couple of hack-job rebuilds in the past.

    Do you still have the OEM contactor box hanging off of the back of your mill? Mine's been smashed a few times and I'm looking at putting a new one on, but a good used one works too.

    I'm going to dig a little deeper on my mill today. I know there's some mechanical wear throughout the machine so if I can identify an obviously worn gear or something, I'll let you know. I know that there's side play in the flywheel and shaft assembly in the column gearbox, but I'm not yet sure how many parts are effected. This mill is the only horizontal of ours that doesn't "break" when you disengage the spindle so I think people would just lean on the lever forcing the flywheel to push against other parts.
    I haven't forgot about you. I’ve been running around quoting dozer and backhoe work all over the place. I measured the hi/Lo handle and it will fit your machine.

  6. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post
  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    251
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3
    Likes (Received)
    34

    Default

    I'd be interested in coolant return tube parts assuming that they would fit a 2CHL. Also, feed trip dogs.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    If you guys can send me your email, I’ll get pictures sent tonight.

    Don, There aren’t any table trips but there is one knee trip. The coolant tube is the same as my 2CHL.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    VA, USA
    Posts
    291
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    56
    Likes (Received)
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M.B. Naegle View Post
    Thanks!

    Do you still have the OEM contactor box hanging off of the back of your mill? Mine's been smashed a few times and I'm looking at putting a new one on, but a good used one works too.
    I may have on if you're still in need. It is the full box with electrical. let me know.

  10. Likes M.B. Naegle liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1306
    Likes (Received)
    839

    Default

    Parts arrived yesterday in good shape!

  12. Likes Hobby Shop liked this post
  13. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Would you happen to know if 2HL's parts are common to the 2H vertical. I'm looking for the cross feed handle (y axis) x axis power feed handle. Also the power feed gears for the vertical splined shaft inside the right side cover on the machine base.
    Thanks

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ne IL
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default

    [QUOTE Also, feed trip dogs]

    Hi Don, There is a print for the feed dogs somewhere, will see if I can find it if you are interested. We made a pair using it for a 2H. I don't know if they are the same as for 2CL, but assume so. Regards, Earl

  15. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2365 View Post
    Would you happen to know if 2HL's parts are common to the 2H vertical. I'm looking for the cross feed handle (y axis) x axis power feed handle. Also the power feed gears for the vertical splined shaft inside the right side cover on the machine base.
    Thanks
    Greg, I’m going to take a shot and say yes. I sold some 2HL parts (handles, oil pump, splined shafts) and they all fit a 2H. Go to Vintage Machinery and get the part numbers and pictures of everything you need. I’m almost positive I still have what you’re looking for. There’s a lot going on in that power feed, clutch, bevel gears, splined shafts. Do you need the rapid handle too?

    Everything will probably fit in a flat rate box so shipping would be inexpensive. If they don’t fit, just send them back.

    Andy

  16. Likes Greg2365 liked this post
  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near:Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    385

    Default

    Once you get the gears and such out you should find 5 digit part numbers lightly etched on them. These numbers are not the ones in the books. Good luch.


  18. Likes Greg2365 liked this post
  19. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    I will get the info tonight for the parts. Thanks for your help.

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Is there any reference info on the five digit numbers?

  21. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Andy
    I'm attaching some pics and drawings. I've looked at the K&T parts manual drawings and the parts look identical between the 2h and the 2hl.
    20180716_114317.jpg20180716_114422.jpg20180716_192408.jpg20180716_192631.jpg20180716_192843.jpg

  22. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    [QUOTE=Greg2365;3206858]Andy
    I'm attaching some pics and drawings. I've looked at the K&T parts manual drawings and the parts look identical between the 2h and the 2hl.

    I’m off Saturday so I’ll start getting all the parts together. I removed the feed box parts just before I loaded it on the trailer. Just to be clear, you need the X&Y handles and all the feed box parts. Send me a Pm with your email and I’ll get pictures of everything I have. If you can get a rough measurement the feed box, we’ll know right away if they’ll work.

  23. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near:Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,722
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    178
    Likes (Received)
    385

    Default

    Something from the dark past reminds me that the bevel gears are matched pairs so be sure to replace both of a set.

  24. Likes Greg2365 liked this post
  25. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    9
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    The feed box is 6" tall and the major diameter is.875 on the splined shaft. I sent a pm to you with other info. The machine should be in my possession this coming Wednesday provided everything goes ok.

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg2365 View Post
    The feed box is 6" tall and the major diameter is.875 on the splined shaft. I sent a pm to you with other info. The machine should be in my possession this coming Wednesday provided everything goes ok.
    Email sent. The box is 6” tall and the shaft is 7/8 on this machine too.

  27. Likes Greg2365 liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •