What's new
What's new

That picture of all the mills piled up?

Long Tom

Stainless
A few months ago, a gentleman posted pictures of a bunch of gorgeous old US iron all piled to go to the scrapper. He was trying to at least pull some accessories off of them.

That photo has haunted me, but I can't find that thread. Anyone got the pic or a link to the thread?

Last edited:
Hello Long Tom,

I think that the thread you are looking for was posted by DT38K and was titled "Mills sitting in pile, going soon to foundry". I don't know how to post a link, but if you do a search on his name, you will find the post... second one down...

Brian

I don't know how to post a link

Wrote this up not quite five years ago - its in a sticky at the top of Antique

Howdy :)

Do you know how to copy and paste on your computer?

With ebay (or other page) open, go to top of screen and you will see an address line. Every page you ever opened on your computer while on the internet has a unique address line.

Left mouse click on that line and it will turn blue.

Right mouse click and a box will open. One of the choices in that box will be "copy". Click on that.

The address line is copied to your computer.

In the thread you are typing on Practical Machinist, just left click where you want the link to appear. Right click and the little box will open again. This time, click on paste.

The link to the Ebay page (or any other) will be in your post. You will know if you did it right by it being blue when you preview or submit what you are typing. "Blue" links are "live" links.

Long Tom,
strange you asked this today as i've just spent the day fitting the coolant pump off that dial type to my own.
Randy kindly removed the pump and sent it over for me. I think Randy also salvaged some other parts, so not all was lost.

Russell

Yeah, that was the thread but yesterday, the pics didn't work. Are they working for anyone else?

The first pics (accessories) were there, but not the pile of machines.

Back